Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Infiniti1

10 PERCENT BP?

i was just wondering on this if 10 percent BP works in the regimen? or does only 2.5 percent. please let me know on this asap cause i have oxy acne treatment and i have mild acne since im only 17. thanks :boohoo:

to be honest I would just use the 2.5%....i used to use a 10% bar for my back and it STILL dried me out, and normally my back can take anything. I can only imagine how rough 10% is on the face.

From the FAQs:

Q: I can't get a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. Can I use a higher concentration?

A: 2.5% is best. However, anything up to 5% should most likely be fine, albeit more drying and no more effective. Avoid 10% preparations which will over dry. One exception is when dealing with pimples on the back. The skin in this area is tough and may withstand 10% nicely. If you can find a 10% much cheaper, feel free to try it on the back.

So why not simply use less of a 10% solution? Through trial and error I have found this does not work. I do not know exactly why using more of a 2.5% solution works better. My educated guess would be that when you use more of the product, there is more available to be absorbed into the skin.

10% may work for you, but most would comment (including myself) it dries out the skin too much, irritates and it's just generally not as effective as something with a lower concentration.

you'd be doing yourself a favor just getting some 2.5% BP

ok and to buy 2.5 percent BP, would i need to buy some kind acne solution thats only 2.5 or is there a product with that that not for acne? right now i use 10 percent OXY acne cream. PS which over the counter acne solution works best with moderate acne. like clean and clear nuetrogena or something else? thanks

if you're going over the counter, i'd recommend Neutrogena On-the-Spot. in my opinion, when it comes to OTC that's the best BP there is.

ok cool im going to pick that up and use that in the regimen. also when you used the products did you have many breakouts all over your face or just very moderate?

well, i would say it was moderate, but my entire face was acne prone. there wasn't really any spot that wouldn't get a breakout. it also was periodical, as sometimes i looked ok, other times it was really bad.