Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dscoop

Duac Gel - Uk Dermatologist favourite

It seems dermatologists in the UK, are at the moment very impressed with DUAC gel and this is the most pubscribed gel for acne suffers.

Anyone use it apart from me?

I feel it works well, although can dry out skin!

Lots of us use it in combination with Differin, that I think UK dermatologists also like.

I use it in the evenings, and when I wake up my skin tends to look less angry. I did have some problems with very dry flaky skin and at first it made my face feel like it was on fire, but lots of regular, good moisturiser and jojoba oil has helped.

I do think that Duac is pretty good stuff. It's certainly much better than Panoxyl, I think. Although that's not really a fair comparison, as I used Panoxyl on its own and I use Duac nights with Differin days.

How long have you been using it?

Glad to hear it's working for you :)

I'm 18 at the moment and probably used Duac "Once-daily" as pescribed by the doctor for about 3 years. It never cleared me up 100%, would get my face fairly clear and at a stage I was confortable with. I just used to literally wash my face with water and slap it on straight away though, only using a centimetre or so each night.

I've been using Duac for the past 5 months with and taking Doxycycline - I have found the gel to be quite effective though it can be quite drying and my skin is not completely clear

Hi,

I suffer from mild-moderate acne all over my back andchest - none on my face! I have been tryingto tackle it since i was 14 - im now 19. I have tried many antibiotics and topic creams but nothing has worked yet.

Im now using Duac gel once daily. I have been using it for over a week and can see results already! I havn't had any of the burning, itching or redness yet. I bought the panoxyl 10% wash today and have used it in the morning and again at night before applying my duac cream. No side effects yet, but is this over doing it on my skin?? i Just want results - and fast! Does anyone else use this combination??

Emily.

Hi,

I suffer from mild-moderate acne all over my back andchest - none on my face! I have been tryingto tackle it since i was 14 - im now 19. I have tried many antibiotics and topic creams but nothing has worked yet.

Im now using Duac gel once daily. I have been using it for over a week and can see results already! I havn't had any of the burning, itching or redness yet. I bought the panoxyl 10% wash today and have used it in the morning and again at night before applying my duac cream. No side effects yet, but is this over doing it on my skin?? i Just want results - and fast! Does anyone else use this combination??

Emily.

Eek! I would definitely wait for the Panoxyl. If your skin is doing good right now (YAY :D) then I would leave it alone. If you start having problems introduce that at a later point? Don't want to mess up a good thing! Congrats