Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Guys.

Simple Story ;D

I've had acne since age 13.

Been trying to get rid of my acne since then, started Acne.org's Regimen in November 2008, which never gotten me cleared.

Also done Erythromycin, Topical Erythromycin, Topical Clindamycin.

Like 10 different Benzoyl Peroxides(NOTS, Acne.org, AcneFree, Proactive, Clearacil, Neutrogena Acne Therapy, PanOxyl, ETC)

Salicylic Acids like Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Washes, Paula's Choice BHA 2%, C&C Dual Action, Neutrogena Clear body wash.

Tried Sulfer Mask, AHA+, Jojoba Oil.

Naturally Clear Oral Supplements, Vitamin C Pills, 3 Day Apple Fast Detox.

Eating a bunch of Fruits didn't seem to help either.

I have Moderate Acne.

Pimples on my Shoulder, Arms, forearm, Chest, Back, top of my Knee, and 4-5 on my butt.

Neck Acne, Behind Neck, All over My Face, and even the fat that hangs down from my ear, and behind the ears.

:[ As you can see, i don't want to waste any more money buying products.

I have anxiety, i can not look at people in the eye because of my face, i tend to look towards the ground. i rarely go outside because of this problem.

I always find an excuse to tell my mom i can't do a errand for her because of my acne.

Do you think i should start taking Accutane?

I have Kaiser Permanente, but im not sure if my Dermatologist would prescribe me it.

He's a mean white man who doesn't take over 2 minutes analyzing his patients.

Other Info: Im a guy, Age 19 ATM.

Edited by Thanh

With that long list of acne products you've tried, Accutane is worth a shot. It wouldn't hurt to just ask your dermatologist at least! Hahaha and maybe you could go to a different doctor if the one right now is such a party pooper. :)

thanks for the reply Mercy, means a lot.

well im not scared of the side effects actually since 1, im not a girl so i won't have any birth defects.

Would only take it for 6 months and then stop so there shouldn't be any major side effects.

I do have a question though.

How much mg do i start with and etc?

thanks for the reply Mercy, means a lot.

well im not scared of the side effects actually since 1, im not a girl so i won't have any birth defects.

Would only take it for 6 months and then stop so there shouldn't be any major side effects.

I do have a question though.

How much mg do i start with and etc?

go for it bud, start a log and take photos to monitor progress.; and do not pick whilst on it.

mg is dependant on your body weight, and what your blood test brings up.

okay !

since i weigh 132 i'm around 60mg right?

i read somewhere it's 2.2lbs per 0.5 to 1mg? and for those with servere acne its up to 2mg?

i did the math and im around 30-60mg. Is that correct guys?

Going to change my Dermatologist at Kaiser Permanente, If i get the person to prescribe me Accutane does he or she automatically redirect me to a blood test or do i have to make a appointment for that myself?

Hope i get clear after 6 months of this thing ! then i can get a girlfriend again. : d

girls always say i have a very good looking face if i didn't have acne. :[

They should give you some options in your area where you can go in for your blood tests, once you choose one, they will give you a slip, like a rx, to take to the clinic. That's how they will know what kinds of tests to do and where to send the results. Hope that helps!