Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rentstuff

[updated..] no more scars

scar no more

Is there a way to prevent scar tissue from forming??? What if it clots again? I just applied toothpaste on it since I ran out of BP

Thank you.

Edited by rentstuff

Well the only reason it was bleeding in the first place is because you touched it. You do realise that picking or squeezing a lesion increases the chance of scarring by like 1000x, right? The way to minimize scar tissue formation is by NOT touching your pimples.

Also, take the toothpaste off. It isn't doing anything but aggravating the wound. Putting BP on it wouldn't have done anything either, because BP doesn't do anything to current lesions; it only prevents future ones from forming.

know how you feel mate

im sorry, theres nothing that can help you :(

just dont do it again in the future.

may seem harsh, but its something we all have to live with.

Edited by sydney_fellow

Try aquaphor healing ointment asap. If you know that clogs your pores, at least DO NOT PUT BP ON IT! Trust me, years of experience says BP does not help after blood gush! Dry it and let it scab normally, you have to be patient now.

i know it might b late now, but i would have suggested that you cover it with a plaster to keep it moist and make it heal very slowly.

But for now take good amounts of vitamin C and stay away from smoking, but if you already smoke then i don't think stopping for one day will effect lol, but what i meant staying is staying away from people who smoke to avoid it =)

Edited by *unknown*

You can burn your skin with toothpaste. Dont apply it on an open wound. I would have just applied neosporin and put a bandage over it.

Damn u screwed up by squeezing it didnt you? I dont blame you cause ive done it to myself before cause its very tempting when it gets big. I think you should listen to what people have said because i really dont need to re-type something thats correct.

I'm in the same exact position right now... it's huge and scabbed up and I have school tomorrow, not to mention an AWARD CEREMONY on Wednesday... :( Ugh.

No, I did not squeeze it. When I woke up first thing in the morning to brush my teeth, I noticed pus was coming out, as in spontaneously, probably got hit while I was asleep. It wasn't my fault.

So I tried to clean it up then, there it was :(

Thanks for the advice everyone. Keep them coming. I'll try to get an antibiotic cream.