Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rixter

accutane bw/ mild acne

has anyone gone on accutane that had mild/moderate acne? did the breakouts go from mild to severe and then eventually clear or less than mild? is mild acne on accutane easier to deal with overall, like the chances of seeing a small initial breakout and clearer skin better? basically what im wondering is if my accutane treatment should be easier to deal with since i already have mild acne or should i prepare for 4 months of being a hermit? does the accutane clear mild acne better or is there the chance that it wont clear my mild acne and possibly i could end up worse? anyone please help!!

If you have mild acne, you and any good Doctor should not even be thinking about accutane. Period. It is designed for stuborn bad acne.

If you have mild acne, you and any good Doctor should not even be thinking about accutane.  Period.  It is designed for stuborn bad acne.

i guess you could call my acne mild/moderate...cause its definately not severe, however my acne does leave marks that stick around for a while. I'm on about DAY 37 on my acne treatment. I decided to bite the bullet and go on accutane because the probable percentage of sucessfully killing my acne is fairly high. I didn't want to dilly dally with anti's, topicals, otc's, etc.

So far my experience, like many has been up and down. I had an intial breakout the first 2 1/2 weeks apprx. And yes those days I was a hermit. But now, I am still breaking out, but not as bad. It is managable.

As far as the severe and potentially damaging side effects....suprisingly I haven't experienced many, if any...chapped lips, dry nose, minor rashes...nothing new to me.

I'm on accutane with the belief that after 5 months of poppin the pill, I can have at least one week without breaking out, hopefully longer.

Accutane is only phase one. Killing the acne. Phase two is getting rid of all the redmarks left by the acne....and after being on accutane, there will be many redmarks. Hope this helps.

has anyone gone on accutane that had mild/moderate acne? did the breakouts go from mild to severe and then eventually clear or less than mild? is mild acne on accutane easier to deal with overall, like the chances of seeing a small initial breakout and clearer skin better? basically what im wondering is if my accutane treatment should be easier to deal with since i already have mild acne or should i prepare for 4 months of being a hermit? does the accutane clear mild acne better or is there the chance that it wont clear my mild acne and possibly i could end up worse? anyone please help!!

hey night.....

so you got clear after 5 months? I'm hoping for the same. Did you have alot of redmarks afterwards? if so did you do anything to treat them?

I have mild acne and, like everyone else, it annoys me to no end. But I still don't believe accutane is a wise choice for someone with mild acne. Why? It seems like most people with mild acne eventually grow out of it, or at least it gets better with time. Let your body run its course; accutane messes with your body. If at all possible, natural is usually the better way to go. Also, as ugly as our acne seems to us, mild acne is not all that noticeable to others. It is most likely that people will not care that you have it. Sure, you might look better without it, but I might look better if I had bigger boobs! lol.gif There is a reason why most derms don't consider accutane for mild acne patients...are the side effects really worth it to you? Even though your acne is not really bad? I guess I am just one of those people who would rather have my health than a perfectly clear face. biggrin.gif

Sorry for the rant, but I just get annoyed when people post messages such as "OMG OMG DON'T SCREW AROUND WITH ANY OTHER BS ACCUTANE IS THE ONLY STUFF THAT WORKS REALLY IT WORKED FOR ME SO IT WILL WORK FOR YOU AND OTHER STUFF WONT!" I know many people who have either grown out of their acne or found an effective non-accutane treatment...and I bet they're glad they didn't take poor advice like that and screw up their bodies on accutane.

i understand what u r saying but ive been with acne for 5 plus years and i have tried everything and none of that stuff got rid of my acne or kept me in control. I spend my days always worrying if im gonna break out and every morning is a relief if i didnt breakout. I cannot be clear for more than 2 weeks at the max. Also, i live a stressful life as i am in college and im constantly pulling all nighters and such. Im just tried of the same routine every morning and night, all the masks, gels, cleaners etc. I put off accutane for a long time and the time has just come, its not like i jumped into a decision without thinking it through. so im ready, wish me luck and ill definetly post to let everyone know whats up with the treatment.

I've been wondering about this as well. I'd definitely say my acne is mild, but it's stubborn, leaves a lot of redmarks, and frankly, I'm really sick of messing around with all of these topicals that dry the hell out of my skin.

I've only had acne for about 5 years, but when I look at my 50 year old mother who still suffers from the occasional breakout, I often think about taking accutane so I can just GET RID OF IT.

My brother took 'tane, and his skin is wonderful.

I've been wondering about this as well. I'd definitely say my acne is mild, but it's stubborn, leaves a lot of redmarks, and frankly, I'm really sick of messing around with all of these topicals that dry the hell out of my skin.

I've only had acne for about 5 years, but when I look at my 50 year old mother who still suffers from the occasional breakout, I often think about taking accutane so I can just GET RID OF IT.

My brother took 'tane, and his skin is wonderful.

accutane messes with your body.

and I bet they're glad they didn't take poor advice like that and screw up their bodies on accutane.

accutane messes with your body.

and I bet they're glad they didn't take poor advice like that and screw up their bodies on accutane.

Er, yeah whatever... All I know is that my body is completely fine after taking accutane and my acne has COMPLETELY GONE, not one single blemish...

If you haven't ever taken accutane how can you post shit like that??????? The only side effects I suffered from was dry skin, which everyone does anyway. Basically, accutane has given me my life back.

P. acne... All my red marks gradually just went away on their own. Like I said before, my acne was only mild/moderate, so I didn't have that many red marks anyway. But yeah, I now have completely clear skin because of accutane...

i have mild moderate acne and i didnt break out at all it just first gets rid of the oily skin then my acne started getting better then i got 1 cyst on my chin now im about to go on 80mg