Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMB

Does anyone have clear skin from this regimen???

I really don't know if anyone actually gets clear from sticking to this regimen....even people who have been on it for years aren't -- and I don't mean an occasional pimple or small breakout -- I mean they still seem to be getting consistent acne if what I'm reading on blogs and these messages boards is right.

Does anyone, besides Dan, have clear skin???

Edited by TMB

I've been on The Regimen for two years now, and I'm usually pretty clear. I do still tend to get very minor breakouts in the week before my period, but other than that, The Regimen keeps me mostly clear.

If I do start breaking out, I can always link it back to something I changed or did, so I don't consider those breakouts faults in The Regimen. If I decided to mess around with a new product or start using less BP than I know I need, yeah, I'm going to break out. But if I stick to The Regimen as I know it works for me, I pretty much stay clear.

Cest...do you wash your face and moisturize in the morning? Im thinking of switching to only at night also. because summer is coming up I am going to be swimming during the day very often. i figure if i can pull off once a day that'd be awesome!

Edited by Maximus0

Cest...do you wash your face and moisturize in the morning? Im thinking of switching to only at night also. because summer is coming up I am going to be swimming during the day very often. i figure if i can pull off once a day that'd be awesome!

I do wash my face in the morning every day, but I only moisturize if I'm looking or feeling dry.

When I switched from doing The Regimen twice a day to doing it once a day, I opted to continue spot-treating during the day for a while before stopping my morning BP application altogether. I figured that way, if the skin where I wasn't spot-treating started to break out, I'd know that I needed to continue doing the Regimen twice a day. But my skin handled it really well, and eventually I stopped spot-treating during the day, too (although I still do it if I get a breakout before my period or from messing with my current regimen).

Yes, my skin is clear. Usually flawless from this regimen! I don't even have to use 2 pumps- one is enough for me.

I'm actually a little bummed. I took some time off from the regimen to get an airbrush tan (I didn't want to use the BP because it bleaches the tan off). That was 3 weeks ago. Now I'm back a square one, had a bad breakout, and I'm going through the initial adjustment to BP (redness, flakies, itchies, and dryness) all over again. *sigh*

Don't stop the regimen! I've been on it for a year, follow it to the letter (which you really have to do) and I LOVE it!

Yes, The regime worked for me!

I've been on it for 6 months now and after the first 4 weeks my face was completely clear of new pimples. And in the months that followed all my acne scars (except for one deep mark) went completely away!

I use Cetaphil cleanser, acne.org's BP, and Oil of Olay's SPF 15 moisturizer.

I only had one major problem with the regime at first, and that was the dryness and wrinkling around my eyes. I went to a spa and pool with a friend one time and didn't wash my face beforehand. I kept rubbing my eyes in the steam room and I'm pretty sure i was smearing the BP all over my eyes. A few days later my eyes were red and itchy just like my face had been when i first had started the regime.

But now I added one step to the regime. After I cleanse my face I apply an eye cream around my eyes. Then i carefully do the rest of the steps without touching my eye area.

Good luck! Stick with it! The first 3 weeks really suck, so just think about the future....

Regimen worked for me. I am not on it currently, mainly because it is a little too pricey for me with me being in college trying to work through it all on no loans, but I've found other ways to keep my skin in check and stay clear. However, the Regimen kept me pretty much 90-100% clear for two years of my life.

I get clear skin. Maybe 2-3 small pimples every other week

I would call that clear?

I also try to exercise lots and eat very healthy

I really don't know if anyone actually gets clear from sticking to this regimen....even people who have been on it for years aren't -- and I don't mean an occasional pimple or small breakout -- I mean they still seem to be getting consistent acne if what I'm reading on blogs and these messages boards is right.

Does anyone, besides Dan, have clear skin???