Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tricia

purglo or purigenex

Has anyone tried these? They used to only be sold through doctors offices but this year went public for anyone to buy and do from their home at purglo.com I called and talked to a guy there and asked about acne scars, and he directed me to a section on the website that talks about it and said they can fill in some with these masks. You can buy a month worth of treatments, the mask is once a week then some serum daily at about $350! That is alot of money! For 8 weeks they give you a $50 discount. After eight weeks they say you can do a maintenance program, maybe one mask a month. This is rage in hollywood I guess. The stuff comes to you iced and you have to keep it refrigerated or the collagen with denaturate. I think I may try this stuff!

Has anyone tried these? They used to only be sold through doctors offices but this year went public for anyone to buy and do from their home at purglo.com I called and talked to a guy there and asked about acne scars, and he directed me to a section on the website that talks about it and said they can fill in some with these masks. You can buy a month worth of treatments, the mask is once a week then some serum daily at about $350! That is alot of money! For 8 weeks they give you a $50 discount. After eight weeks they say you can do a maintenance program, maybe one mask a month. This is rage in hollywood I guess. The stuff comes to you iced and you have to keep it refrigerated or the collagen with denaturate. I think I may try this stuff!

I just looked at the info online about it.....it looks like it may work pretty good, especially on wrinkles....I may try it too.........it says it can lessen the appearance of scars and I think it may work if it has that effect on wrinkles.......

I just looked at the info online about it.....it looks like it may work pretty good, especially on wrinkles....I may try it too.........it says it can lessen the appearance of scars and I think it may work if it has that effect on wrinkles.......

hey guys, i dont mean to be the bringer of bad news. topical collagen has been proven to have absolutely no impact on pitted acne scarring. there are previous threads about this if you do a search.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

hey guys, i dont mean to be the bringer of bad news. topical collagen has been proven to have absolutely no impact on pitted acne scarring. there are previous threads about this if you do a search.

If you look at their site, supposedly this kind of collagen does penetrate the dermis, it has to be kept refrigerated, if it gets to room temperature it will be ineffective like other collagen creams on the market, it says. I think it could be good for overall skincare, but not sure if it will really fill in scars. Just wondered if anyone had tried it out. I originally heard of this while reading a plastic surgeons comments on dermal fillers and how this system can smoothen acne scars out without injections. Perhaps it really can rebuild tissue over a period of months.