Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mslily009

Jealous of Celebrities?

I don't know about you, but a lot of people seem to compare themselves to celebs..

but I don't have that kind of outlook,

the people that really get to me are my friends and people I meet.

Like, how they just have perfectly ordinary skin without any make-up or even trying

): why doesn't not trying work for me? =p

I really don't think ANYONE I know or have seen recently has had acne marks!??

i think i would be perfectly fine with acne (or less worried about it) if it didn't scar/ leave a red mark

):

Seriously? You don't see people with acne or acne marks?

Open your eyes. Man, like everyone has a pimple or two, or a couple red marks - or ATLEAST a few under the skin bumps. And hey - look at like anything over 30 or 40 - they have acne scars. Heck, even my grandmother has a few scars!

Maybe, but when someone has 2 small pimples I don't notice.

Well, let me think...

amber- she has acne (one of the few)

diane- perfect, only seen her ever have 1 pimple the 7 years i've known her

sarah- she used to back in jr. high, nothing now, no scars

jenna- she has maybe 2 scars, maybe.. but they could be freckles?

jessica- nope, used to get one every now and then, clear now

jp- okay she had one like last week

lol i don't pay attention to the others that in depths. but really the people i'm around are so care-free and just have no acne, and never have had to deal with it.. aside from my friend amber.

in my classes in college, there was ONE person in ONE of my classes (out of five) that had acne.. that was sort of the wake-up call for me.. i'm not in high-school anymore =\

And hey - look at like anything over 30 or 40 - they have acne scars. Heck, even my grandmother has a few scars!

yes my mother has a few AGE spot =/

different from acne marks, everyone gets age spots.

not everyone gets acne.

I know right? I feel your pain.

I've always been comparing my skin to celebrities and kept on asking myself why is their skin sooo damn perfect!?

At first I thought it was just their make up but behind it, it still looks freshly clear glowing skin!

I wonder what their secret is. . . . .

Maybe its just their diet?

Or maybe they spent ALOT of money on their skin,

As for the normal people, weeell maybe they just dont have acne prone skin.

I'm only 15 and I know its normal to have pimples for me, but all my friends doesnt have a single pimple!

And they are the same age as I am!

I just hope they could share their secrets with me lol!

Hey there! I can relate to you in some ways.

But as a few others mentioned, believe me you, even Celebs have blemishes too!

it's just that they are 'fortunate' enough to afford good make-up!

Seriously if it weren't for High end make up artists and "air brushing" techniques these days, celebs would look pretty much ordinary like me or you!

Now onto friends/ family and people we generally randomly meet day to day,

I can say that yeah it does get you down when you see 'perfect' healthy vibrant looking people

walking with such confidence in their stride there's No doubt about!

However, have you even stopped one of these people and asked "what is your secret?!"

You'd be surprised by some of their responses!

Before my skin turned 'ugly' I considered myself a relatively good looking person who was content with who I was and lived an active healthy lifestyle as humanly possible.

A few years ago I was shocked when a good friend of mine (who I thought was absolutely stunning) confided in me oneday about how depressed she was with the way she looked.

To me she was the Epitome of Beauty.

Hang on now, A really talented sucessful pretty near-flawless girl who seemed to have it all was "Depressed"?

How could this even possibly be I thought to myself.

She said not all is what it seems, sometimes people view you and think they've got you pegged.

But in reality it's far from the bitter truth.

After that she went over to the bath room removed her make up and rubbbed her face with a soft towel, revealing her 'true self' to me. then she showed me the scars she had on her lower back and upper arms. (how could I have not seen them before?) was I so entranced by the allusion that I had created that I failed to comprehend that my friend was in pain and that she was not at all comfortable with who she was? that made me feel like a real cruddy person.

I was taken aback at first, naturally I was lost for words. I then felt this amazing pang of guilt for having been so envious of her all the years, to discover she was not what I had imagined her to be. I became accutely aware of how it made her feel and immediately on impulse embraced her with a sincere and heartfelt hug.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, we all have our flaws some more apparent than others

and yes there Are naturally beautiful people in the world. no doubt about it

But sometimes what we perceive to be "beautiful or perfect" in our eyes can be entirely different from anothers point. mainly the person we behold.

Which brings me to an old adage "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

well if that indeed is the case, I guess then we must misjudge that one quite often on a daily basis.

well I've said a mouthful, please forgive my little rant!

:redface:

I know right? I feel your pain.

I've always been comparing my skin to celebrities and kept on asking myself why is their skin sooo damn perfect!?

At first I thought it was just their make up but behind it, it still looks freshly clear glowing skin!

I wonder what their secret is. . . . .

Maybe its just their diet?

Or maybe they spent ALOT of money on their skin,

As for the normal people, weeell maybe they just dont have acne prone skin.

I'm only 15 and I know its normal to have pimples for me, but all my friends doesnt have a single pimple!

And they are the same age as I am!

I just hope they could share their secrets with me lol!

yeah, but it's not really the celebs that get me down. bc they are picked to have the right looks.. it's really the average, everyday people that just have perfect skin. and they hardly do anything. i'd kill to have some anti-acne genes ;P

Seriously if it weren't for High end make up artists and "air brushing" techniques these days, celebs would look pretty much ordinary like me or you!

yeah, i understand that.. celebs aren't always what they seem.

but usually they are just as pretty underneath all the make-up, even though magazines and tabloids expose bad pictures, they are just normal people anyhow. just have a few extra millions lying around is all ;)

Before my skin turned 'ugly' I considered myself a relatively good looking person who was content with who I was and lived an active healthy lifestyle as humanly possible.

judging by your picture you still look 'relatively good looking'/gorgeous

(:

She said not all is what it seems, sometimes people view you and think they've got you pegged.

After that she went over to the bath room removed her make up and rubbbed her face with a soft towel, revealing her 'true self' to me. then she showed me the scars she had on her lower back and upper arms. (how could I have not seen them before?) was I so entranced by the allusion that I had created that I failed to comprehend that my friend was in pain and that she was not at all comfortable with who she was? that made me feel like a real cruddy person.

I was taken aback at first, naturally I was lost for words. I then felt this amazing pang of guilt for having been so envious of her all the years, to discover she was not what I had imagined her to be. I became accutely aware of how it made her feel and immediately on impulse embraced her with a sincere and heartfelt hug.

okay this was the cutest story. you must be an awesome friend/bf to that girl!!

you should definitely be a writer based on this.. it was brilliantly written!!

Edited by mslily009

i hear that those celebs that suffer from the occasional break out etc get put on a low dose of accutane. not sure how much truth is in this, but google "cameron diaz acne" or how ever u spell it and you will see that celeb's suffer with it to.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http...%26tbs%3Disch:1

Edited by .JacktheLad.

I'm not jealous of celebrities because I understand that they have alot of money at their disposal to spend on makeup artists, beauty products, etc to keep their skin looking pristine. Plus, their pictures in magazines are often airbrushed to perfection. However, i can't help but feel a little jealous of the people I know who don't have to do ANYTHING with their skin to keep it looking perfect. =/

Reminds me of one of my friends lol. Honestly i've seen most people get pimples here and there, but this one friend, 6 years of high school only got 1 pimple which i remember, and i saw him basically every school day. I even remember thinking 'this fker finally has a pimple', and it was small lol.....

Edited by brandish

Reminds me of one of my friends lol. Honestly i've seen most people get pimples here and there, but this one friend, 6 years of high school only got 1 pimple which i remember, and i saw him basically every school day. I even remember thinking 'this fker finally has a pimple', and it was small lol.....

hahah XD

you're comment made me laugh A LOT :lol:

yeah, i understand that.. celebs aren't always what they seem.

but usually they are just as pretty underneath all the make-up, even though magazines and tabloids expose bad pictures, they are just normal people anyhow. just have a few extra millions lying around is all ;)

judging by your picture you still look 'relatively good looking'/gorgeous

(:

okay this was the cutest story. you must be an awesome friend/bf to that girl!!

you should definitely be a writer based on this.. it was brilliantly written!!

Lol my Mother said I should be too!, I dunno why but I always write like this when I get in the zone and really asborbed with telling a story.

She was my best friend, not girl friend lol, I have not had one of those since I left South Africa 5 years ago now :boohoo: Lol

P.S regarding my Pic, hm well you see this was taken a while back. before my skin ruptured yeah I was relatively okay looking. (i don't regard myself as gorgeous!) and since then I've accumulated a few scars here and there, mainly under my chin! (due to Over shaving/ irrittation etc) one small scar on my left cheek and a faded scar under my eye from when I was a kid, bitten by a dog.

But thanks for your compliment! it's always nice to receive those when you feel a little down

= )

Everyone gets acne sometime in their lives. Brad Pitt used to have cystic acne on his cheeks. Perez Hilton had horrible acne a few years back. My grandma has pock marks due to acne and her picking at the pimples. Truth is everyone gets it, but they can treat it. For me, I use The Regimen and my skin is like almost perfect. It took me 2 weeks to get clear, fresh, glowing skin. Before the 2 weeks my skin was disgusting.

Everyone gets acne sometime in their lives. Brad Pitt used to have cystic acne on his cheeks. Perez Hilton had horrible acne a few years back. My grandma has pock marks due to acne and her picking at the pimples. Truth is everyone gets it, but they can treat it. For me, I use The Regimen and my skin is like almost perfect. It took me 2 weeks to get clear, fresh, glowing skin. Before the 2 weeks my skin was disgusting.

wow brad pitt, really!?

have you ever seen the movie "12 Monkeys"

he looked pretty young and i didn't see anything.

I think most of what they say about celebs and acne is just a bunch of hype.

yeah sure maybe they had one or two cysts, or a few zits.. but thats nothing compared to the norm.

I remember Amanda Bynes saying that she had acne one time

and they showed a picture of her when she was like 14 and she had maybe 5 zits on her chin.

but i don't really care for celebs anyways.. they can afford all the things they need to make them flawless (in the medias eyes)

2 weeks, really.. thats how long you've had acne?

well it's been about 4 years for me, thank you :doubt:

and it's not always treatable straight away (exhibit A: me!)

you must have had a bout of hormonal acne, bc most acne doesn't entirely dismiss in 2 weeks

i wish i could've told you to stay away from benzoyl peroxide, though.

once you use it theres really no turning back :confused:

Someone doesn't have to be a celebrity for me to be jealous of their skin! haha

Exactly.

But, I'm only really jealous of those girls with the pale skin, no redness at all, and no marks.

Exactly.

But, I'm only really jealous of those girls with the pale skin, no redness at all, and no marks.

yeah me too.. it's just FLAWLESS. :shock:

Exactly.

Yeees, that porcelain look.

I have fair skin but a lot of red marks so I guess I'm halfway there xD

I'm not really the jealous type. I mean, I envy them for their skin and all, but I'm not jealous. If that makes sense.

A LOT of celebs pictures are photoshopped and remade to hell, though. Anyone could do that. I envy the real people who I see in every day life with perfect skin much much more.

I'm not really the jealous type. I mean, I envy them for their skin and all, but I'm not jealous. If that makes sense.

A LOT of celebs pictures are photoshopped and remade to hell, though. Anyone could do that. I envy the real people who I see in every day life with perfect skin much much more.

my point exactly.. lol??

So yeah, I envy "regular people" who stay up late, eat a lot of greasy fried foods, drink sugary beverages, don't exercise, don't wash their faces, yet have not a speck of acne on their faces or bodies!!!!! Just doesn't make sense to me lol

That's one heck of an unhealthy lifestyle. It won't do them any good in the longrun. At least we try to take care of our skin and bodies better than that, even though it doesn't show on our faces lol.

Edited by maggipie

Tru dat, maggipie! :lol: That stuff might not affect their skin, but it could very well affect their health!

YEP!

My bro is the exact same, boozes until he passes out, eats a shocking and quite revolting amount of junk food and NOT one speckle of a spot

Lucky Sob :shhh:

:lol:

But sooner or later that unhealthy lifestyle Will undoubtedly be their down fall.

I care a lot, but when I see people like my older bro abusing their bodies the way they do, they've got no one really to blame but themselves!

:naughty:

Edited by Durbaniter~Zitigated

yeah, but it's not really the celebs that get me down. bc they are picked to have the right looks.. it's really the average, everyday people that just have perfect skin. and they hardly do anything. i'd kill to have some anti-acne genes ;P

Yeah, I always used to feel the same way. Like none of my close friends or anyone in my extended family has bad skin and I would always feel so alone, and like "why me?" But, then I realized that nearly everybody has something going on in their life, and I'm lucky in a lot of ways that they are not. Try to think about the things you have going good in your life, that others are not fortunate enough to have.