Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AustinReed

alkaline working well for me...

First, I should say I have my acne is under control for the time being. I still have dandruff though. I don't have any scalp acne which I usually always do(the big ones that can hurt sometimes). I'm thinking the dead skin is just shedding and going through its cycle still. I've be eating alot of alkaline foods, which is the reason I think my acne is under control.

I've noticed that the times when clear of acne, I'm also clear of dandruff. I've tried the head and shoulders classic remedy with no luck.

I've also noticed when I eat or drink alot acidic foods\beverages(night out drining beer;beer is more acidic than soda) I break out 2 to 3 days later. I still eat acidic foods, but I have increased my alkiline foods by about 300%.

I've tried the candida diet thing 3 or 4 times before. I know it works for some, but not me. I think all that meat is to acidic on my body. The only symptom I have white tongue(which can be caused from breathing through your mouth and dehydration. An acidic body is always dehydarted.) Which from what i've read doenst mean you have candida, but some just asume they do with that symptom alone. I'm in great shape and I'm never fatigued, and I mean never. I don't spring out of bed in the morning , but I have alot of energy during the day. So I don't think I have a huge yeast overgrowth.

I workout\exercise almost every day. Weight train every 2\3 days. Jog when I dont lift. Always get a sweat going before I step into my homemade sauna(steamed shower in small bath room). So I litterally am dripping sweat, which I think helps get rid of some of the toxins in my body.

I just hoping my dandruff goes away n about a week or 2. Then I know that this is my cure, or closed to a cure I'm going to get. If I do continue to improve I will post somethin a little more organized.

yeah i eat like 3-4 lemons a day. definitely a big help especially if you suspect candida (which I know I have)

Edited by DeAntonio

DeAntonio -

You are part of the reason I tried the whole alkaline thing. Your post about wheatgrass is what got me started. Wheatgrass is very alkaling. You said it helped with your carb (mostly pasta i think) intake, which is very acidic.

Candida can't live in in alkalined body. But it thrives in an acidic one.

Edited by AustinReed

DeAntonio -

You are part of the reason I tried the whole alkaline thing. Your post about wheatgrass is what got me started. Wheatgrass is very alkaling. You said it helped with your carb (mostly pasta i think) intake, which is very acidic.

Candida can't live in in alkalined body. But it thrives in an acidic one.

haha awesome. Yeah wheatgrass is good stuff, its about the most alkalizing thing that you can add to your diet. Do you eat lemons? They are way up there on the alkaline chart and great for the liver and overall health. Every morning before I eat anything I have warm/hot lemon water, its really refreshing.

I would suggest taking a probiotic supplement also if you arent already.

Edited by DeAntonio

I've tried the candida diet thing 3 or 4 times before. I know it works for some, but not me. I think all that meat is to acidic on my body.

You can still eat a diet with decent amount of meats that is alkaline. I personally eat paleo and meat is in every plate of food I eat. My diet has a net alkaline load.

OH ya I definetly still eat meat! I couldn't live with out it. I've been consuming Real Lemon from the bottle, but I did just pick some fresh lemons up. Think i will cosume 1 in the morning 20 mins before i drink my wheatgrass shot. I will make it 1:1 ratio with water and use a straw.