Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
special

Dept Store and their Rec for Moisturizer

I'm currently using Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. I think it's been breaking me out or clogging up my pores. I also want a moisturizer that's a bit less greasy.

Instead of playing the guessing game with moisturizers from drugstore I was thinking of going to a department store and just talk to a lady and have them recommend a moisturizer for me. There doesn't seem to be much recs on here for dept store brands more for the cheaper stuff found at the local CVS.

Do you think I should just stick with the cheaper stuff cause they work just as well or do those ladies know what they're talking about? I'm willing to pay the price if I can just walk in, get a good rec, and walk out.

I hate this guessing game with products.

I'm currently using Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. I think it's been breaking me out or clogging up my pores. I also want a moisturizer that's a bit less greasy.

Instead of playing the guessing game with moisturizers from drugstore I was thinking of going to a department store and just talk to a lady and have them recommend a moisturizer for me. There doesn't seem to be much recs on here for dept store brands more for the cheaper stuff found at the local CVS.

Do you think I should just stick with the cheaper stuff cause they work just as well or do those ladies know what they're talking about? I'm willing to pay the price if I can just walk in, get a good rec, and walk out.

I hate this guessing game with products.

Do you live near a Sephora? I know it sounds like I am Sephora crazy all over the boards haha everyone. BUT here is the thing- they represent all the brands in the store and not just one. If you walk into a Macy's or something, you are talking to a sales rep for one brand so of course they will recommend their product so they can get a commission or a good sales report. I would suggest going somewhere like Sephora instead if you can :) They will recommend what they feel is best for your skin and not try to push more product on you.

ohh that's sounds great. i was thinking of going to nordstrom because of their extra lenient return policy. if the moisturizer broke me out just bring it back to them and say it breaks me out and i think (not 100% sure) but they should take it back so I won't waste my money. but you have a good point with sephora.

ohh that's sounds great. i was thinking of going to nordstrom because of their extra lenient return policy. if the moisturizer broke me out just bring it back to them and say it breaks me out and i think (not 100% sure) but they should take it back so I won't waste my money. but you have a good point with sephora.

Ahhh I get you. Just FYI- same thing with Sephora. you can return anything. Haha just so you can make an informed choice. :)

But I really wish you luck!! Let me know what you find :)