Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bdonpowerlifter

accutane + prone to cysts

I am about to go on accutane but am really scared because I am very prone to getting cysts and I have this paranoia that the initial breakout I will more than likely experience will be a bunch of cysts instead of, or in addition to, regular pimples. Anyone that is on/has taken accutane that is prone to cysts experienced a flare up of cysts while starting on accutane?

I am about to go on accutane but am really scared because I am very prone to getting cysts and I have this paranoia that the initial breakout I will more than likely experience will be a bunch of cysts instead of, or in addition to, regular pimples. Anyone that is on/has taken accutane that is prone to cysts experienced a flare up of cysts while starting on accutane?

This is exactly what I feared when starting my accutane course 11 days ago. You could ask to start on a low dose like 20mg/day which I am on - that way the initial breakout should be less severe but may just last longer. I had a little breakout on day 3 but nothing really has happened since then, my existing spots just seem to be hanging around! And yes, I am prone to cysts.

Hope this helps. :)

I'm prone to cysts, and I started Roaccutane almost 2mths ago. Over the first 3wks I had 7 or 8 cysts come up - I wasn't impressed! But believe me, they go down relatively quickly and it really is worth it once you get through the IB.