Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zillamosnta

anyone know how to get rid of flaky skin?

My back is almost 100% clear now but i have very flaky skin from head and shoulders. Does anyone know how to get rid of all this dead skin? Thanks

I like to massage with jojoba oil and a gentle cloth.

Do you mean that head and shoulders shampoo is causing your scalp and back to be flaky? H&S should be eliminating flakes on your scalp...

no its a back regimen...i dont have scalp acne...just back so i use it as a body wash to clear it up. And jojobo oil clogs my pores and breaks me out so i dont use it :/

I would try first of all not showering with hot water. Try Aveeno's oatmeal bath packet that should help alot. And then... try the Aveeno scrub. They make good products :) And use lotion!! Olay!

Oh ok. Well any moisturizer that doesn't break you out combined with some gentle exfoliation should do the trick. And ditto on the hot showers, very drying.

Exfoliate an affected area for 2/3 times in a week. Apply, moisturizer on the same. It will help to get rid of flaky skin.

Moisturize and exfoliate. c:

I use "Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer", it moisturizes and supposedly helps with acne as well so if you're looking for something, that may be worth a shot.