Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.JacktheLad.

Salicylic acid- results

I bought the garnier night treatment which has Salicylic acid and zinc as the main ingredient, and the results are pretty good tbh, if you have a plugged pore that you want rid of, just put a dab of this on it during the night or day and within 24hours it would have gone down, or brought it right out so you can squeeze it out.

just dont go overboard on applying it. also not recommend to apply to broken skin (important)

I had one between the eye brows, dabbed some on, then later that eveing pushed gently around the area to see if it would give. and what do you know, it all squeezed out :P hehe

Edited by want2beme

I'm using Garnier Moisturizer at night too, combine with a little tea tree oil and up to the moment seems to be ok although I found out that SA will make you break out on some parts that I usually do not have pimples. I've been using it for less than a month so lets see what's happens next.

corsair (good memory ;) ) yeah the thing about Salicylic acid is that its liquid soluble- meaning it will penitrate deep into the skin and clean the pore out from the inside. so for the first few weeks of using a product that contains it, you will probably notice that a few small pimples come to the surface (this is because its effectively cleaning them early, which is good because it means you wont get a clogged pore or build up which then later turns to a mess!

thefrayislovex, yeah its great, just dont over apply it or your skin will dry out. I know its made by garnier, its in a thin tube, they do a "day one" and a "night one" i bought both, the day one is more moisturising, but i like the strength of the night one more.

found it >

http://www.boots.com/en/Garnier-Pure-A-Nig...nt%20Gel%2040ml

its great stuff. as I say, i use it as a spot treatment otherwise it tends to dry out my whole face.

but it really works on getting rid of a spot or blocked pore. brilliant. plus its less that £5 !

Edited by want2beme