Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aljef

Should I push for roaccutane?

I'm 39 and still suffering acne. I never had great skin but it was largely ok when I was on the pill in my 20's. When I came off the pill at 30 my skin broke out really badly and then recovered slowly and was glowing when I was pregnat at 32. Since my second child 2 years ago my skin is still not great so about a year ago I asked my GP to refer me to a dermatologist who put me on isotrexin gel at night (isotretinoin with erythromycin) and taking erythromycin tablets just before my period, that helped a little but not completely. I am now starting my 5th month of using the isotrexin morning and night and taking the tablets every morning and night and it is helping but again not completely clear. I have now cut out chocolate and in the last week or so have drastically reduced dairy. I am wondering whether to start taking some form of B vitamin?

I am wondering whether to push for roaccutane to clear me up hopefully once and for all? Previously my dermatologist said I should continue to see improvement and so best to hold off on that for now. I have read so many success stories about roaccutane (accutane) although some feel it was very hard. I am not sure for how much longer I can expect improvement using my current regimen and so would appreciate hearing other people's experiences and also any similar experiences for roaccutane