Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLSL

Good make up suggestions?

I say ASAP because I refuse to go out without make up the way my face looks now. I have huge pores, scarred pores, and some rolling scars that I would like to cover - without causing any break outs. Any advice is appreciated!

- NOT Bare Minerals. It actually broke me out and settles into every little imperfection I have. :(

Edited by Sapphire Lily

:/ I guess we are all looking, sorry! Let me know if you find one haha. Shoot. If I do, I'll let you know!

lol thanks girl! I WAS using Smashbox's Halo (like you) and then Smashbox's Liquid-to-Cover but my skin did not agree on the silicone added to the ingredients.

:/ I guess we are all looking, sorry! Let me know if you find one haha. Shoot. If I do, I'll let you know!

lol thanks girl! I WAS using Smashbox's Halo (like you) and then Smashbox's Liquid-to-Cover but my skin did not agree on the silicone added to the ingredients.

Oh man that sucks!! That's the only other one I have used in like... 4 years! I used to/use BE. But I know you don't like that one... but haha once I find a good one I rarely switch. Do you live near a Sephora?

Oh man that sucks!! That's the only other one I have used in like... 4 years! I used to/use BE. But I know you don't like that one... but haha once I find a good one I rarely switch. Do you live near a Sephora?

Yep I live near a Sephora and an Ulta.

Yep I live near a Sephora and an Ulta.

Go in Sephora and get them to give you a shitload of samples!! I'm sure they'll do it if you explain why. I love that store :D

I know of a brand is good and not bad with 100% organic, would anything goes wrong even with organic and manuka honey?

Check this out, promise this would make people happy. i guess this brand is really good, at least for me i have yet to find other alternative better stuff (very pricey thou):

International company:

http://www.livingnature.com/index.cfm

More of online based: (for skincare but great organic ingredients)

http://www.greennature.sg/manuka-honey.html

*all are free from Paraben that MAY cause breast cancer (if you research more abt it) and alcohol which further dry your skin and make it produce more oil. IN short all their ingredients are good.

Just to share with ya this thou i'm unsure if it could be what you want.

Not advertising, just happy to share what i found.

Glad to try if i could afford thou.

Anyway do take a look.

I know of a brand is good and not bad with 100% organic, would anything goes wrong even with organic and manuka honey?

Check this out, promise this would make people happy. i guess this brand is really good, at least for me i have yet to find other alternative better stuff (very pricey thou):

International company:

http://www.livingnature.com/index.cfm

More of online based: (for skincare but great organic ingredients)

http://www.greennature.sg/manuka-honey.html

*all are free from Paraben that MAY cause breast cancer (if you research more abt it) and alcohol which further dry your skin and make it produce more oil. IN short all their ingredients are good.

Just to share with ya this thou i'm unsure if it could be what you want.

Not advertising, just happy to share what i found.

Glad to try if i could afford thou.

Anyway do take a look.

Thanks for the suggestion (: How's the coverage on that stuff though?

I say ASAP because I refuse to go out without make up the way my face looks now. I have huge pores, scarred pores, and some rolling scars that I would like to cover - without causing any break outs. Any advice is appreciated!

- NOT Bare Minerals. It actually broke me out and settles into every little imperfection I have. :(

I recommend "Clinique Even Better" foundation, it has never broke me out and COVERS everything. And it improves the tone of your skin. Expensive, but definitely worth it. :)

Word of advice for you guys: DO NOT waste your money on the drugstore stuff. They do more harm than good.

Edited by hellstorm

I use a product called "Pur Minerals". You can find it at any shoppers!!! Its kinda expensive but works GREAT!! I have crazy red marks left behind my acne and I find that this stuff covers it well. Actually... I only use the powder!!! Its awesome. I dont want to use foundation on my skin just because Im kinda scared what it'll do!!! This stuff is definetly worth checkin' out :)

I use Lilly Lolo (they're UK based) and Every Day Minerals.

I prefer LL's concealers but EDM's finishing powder is better.

Checkout EDM.

Thank y'all so much for the suggestions. (: I'm going to look into all of them.

Does Pur Minerals come in loose powder?

I use a product called "Pur Minerals". You can find it at any shoppers!!! Its kinda expensive but works GREAT!! I have crazy red marks left behind my acne and I find that this stuff covers it well. Actually... I only use the powder!!! Its awesome. I dont want to use foundation on my skin just because Im kinda scared what it'll do!!! This stuff is definetly worth checkin' out :)

I absolutly love Origins foundation and cover up.

I use this

http://www.origins.com/templates/products/...DUCT_ID=PROD371

Its a lot lighter better for people who have acne.

and this concealer pen

http://www.origins.com/templates/products/...ID=CATEGORY5718

hope the links work!

this stuff has never made my skin breakout. however everyones skin is different!

good luck!

(hope the links work)

I recommend "Clinique Even Better" foundation, it has never broke me out and COVER everything. And it improves the tone of your skin. Expensive, but definitely worth it. :)

Well, I'm glad it worked for you. It did nothing for improving my skin tone. The money to me, wasn't worth it.

Word of advice for you guys: DO NOT waste your money on the drugstore stuff. They do more harm than good.

I don't agree with this. Compared to a few of the department store foundations that are soexpensive, I've found a few drugstore ones that I've liked more. To each their own, though.

Edited by 90�ɾuıu�ɹıdɯ�ʌ

Thanks!

Has anyone tried the "Multi-Grain Makeup" from Origins? Thinkffast - is that what you're referring to when you're talking about the foundation and cover up?

I absolutly love Origins foundation and cover up.

I use this

http://www.origins.com/templates/products/...DUCT_ID=PROD371

Its a lot lighter better for people who have acne.

and this concealer pen

http://www.origins.com/templates/products/...ID=CATEGORY5718

hope the links work!

this stuff has never made my skin breakout. however everyones skin is different!

good luck!

(hope the links work)

Edited by JHN3445

Dermalogica makes a foundation that I use. It's similar to a thicker tinted moisturizer but you can build up the color as you put it on your face. It gives me a "dewy" look after it's on so I always put skin colored powder on over it. (I'm more into a matte finish, personally.) It doesn't break me out though. It runs about $30 a bottle.

I've also heard that some of Laura Mercier's foundation is FABULOUS but I've yet to try it.