Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hayley UK

Those pesky huge spots that aren't quite cysts....

Hi all,

Everytime I get a new spot now (which is almost everyday!!) it's one or two of those bad boys on my chin. They are huge and have about 3-4 yellow heads in them at a time. Attractive right??

Anyway are those what's known as a cyst or is it something else? and whats the best way of getting them to GO! They take weeks to disappear and leave nasty red scars in their place when they finally do die which just dont fade for MONTHS :( It's so depressing and is really starting to get me down.

I'm currently on Yasmin BC and have been using BP 2.5% which drys them out but makes my skin so inflammed and sore that I hate using it. Can anyone help?!

I HATE THESE! Whenever I get them, they are like mini-cysts. Sometimes they take a few days just to get to a head, and leave a nasty hyper-pigmentation mark behind... try some AHA on them, it usually works to kill it before it can get to a head.

If they have multiple heads then I believe they're carbuncles. I call 'em hydras, though. :lol:

Try Neosporin.

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry have only just seen them. Sorry what's AHA? Is that something for red marks? If so, I need it!!

Is Neospirin an antibiotic or lotion?

OH NOES....i have had 4-5 of those in my life not a big fan, 2 of em gave me deep scars. Sometimes one of them drains and the others dont, then sometimes the skin inbetween breaks and they all drain at once and thats when you got a scar. Luckily due to the tane i dont see those suckers anymore. Also NOTHING works on them theyre so deep in your skin no topicals can reach em, terrible and they take a week to develop and you feel the lump coming and your helpless.

AHA-alpha hydroxy acid

BHA-beta hydroxy acid

also wow youve been around since '06 so have i =) (I used a diff username which i 4got and stopped using) we're like buddies for 4 yrs =) wish it was due to other circumstances something other than acne

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry have only just seen them. Sorry what's AHA? Is that something for red marks? If so, I need it!!

Is Neospirin an antibiotic or lotion?

This is the AHA that I use.

http://www.danielkern.com/category-s/20.htm

However, I'm not sure if you can get dans AHA in the UK. It helps exfoliate the skin, and fade red marks.

Great thank you guys!! I'll look out for AHA. I think these sort of spots are the worst around, they are just so huge. It's like spot upon spot :(