Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

Random Question (Crest White Strips)

Is there any chance that Crest White Strips would break me out? I notice that unless I use "natural" toothpaste I get a small pimples around my mouth once and a while.

The ingredients in Crest White Strips are as follows: Water, Glycerin, Hydrogen Peroxide Carbomer 956, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Saccharin.

If I were to guess, I'd say the sodium saccharin might be the culprit.

Also, stop wasting your money on this stuff. You see that third ingredient there? Just buy a bottle of that (really cheap), swish a capful of it in your mouth (undiluted) for 3 minutes every night after you brush and you'll have whiter teeth within a week. You're basically paying money for that ONE ingredient... it's a bleaching agent.

The ingredients in Crest White Strips are as follows: Water, Glycerin, Hydrogen Peroxide Carbomer 956, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Saccharin.

Also, stop wasting your money on this stuff. You see that third ingredient there? Just buy a bottle of that (really cheap), swish a capful of it in your mouth (undiluted) for 3 minutes every night after you brush and you'll have whiter teeth within a week. You're basically paying money for that ONE ingredient... it's a bleaching agent.

Maybe I didnt give it enough time but I used diluted HP for around two months and saw no difference. However when I switch from a natural toothpaste to a crest whitening toothpaste I notice results in a few days.

Maybe I didnt give it enough time but I used diluted HP for around two months and saw no difference. However when I switch from a natural toothpaste to a crest whitening toothpaste I notice results in a few days.

Try using the HP un-diluted.

Also, have you ever thought of making your own toothpaste?

Combine baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and essential oil (e.g. Peppermint, Spearmint, Wintergeen, Anise, Orange) in an empty vitamin bottle with a lid wide enough to dip your toothbrush in.

Cheap, Simple, and EFFECTIVE.

Try using the HP un-diluted.

Also, have you ever thought of making your own toothpaste?

Combine baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and essential oil (e.g. Peppermint, Spearmint, Wintergeen, Anise, Orange) in an empty vitamin bottle with a lid wide enough to dip your toothbrush in.

Cheap, Simple, and EFFECTIVE.

What % Peroxide, and how often/long should I use it?