Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raze1225

Smoking helps with oily skin???

Since smoking dries your skin out. For people who get acne from oily skin would smoking in effect help that. And please dont give me that nonsense with saying how bad it is etc, Im not doing it i just thought of it

Since smoking dries your skin out. For people who get acne from oily skin would smoking in effect help that. And please dont give me that nonsense with saying how bad it is etc, Im not doing it i just thought of it

the answer is no. Smoking also delays and disrupts healing. It is not recommended for any reason to those who suffer from acne. If any of you have scars from acne and you smoke, you're really not doing your body any favors.

pretty sure that it increases oil production when inhaled. i have seen this when i smoked pot and cigarettes. i think its because when you smoke or drink caffeine your body thinks youre doing it because of stress, which is true most cases, so it releases cortisol, which has a LOT of effects in the body.

i used to get huge boils/cysts on my neck all the time and as soon as i quit smoking my skin improved. my skin was so oily when i was a smoker. smoking is HORRIBLE for the skin.

Smoking is what causes acne.

I wouldn't go that far. Smoking does not cause acne and most likely will not worsen it either. Smoking WILL compromise your healing abilities and increase the chances of scarring.

smoking will screw your face up, trust me. I had very minor acne from age 15-17 and then started smoking both weed/cigs for exactly a year, in that year my face was at its worst, especially cystically. 2 weeks after I quit everything began to get better, TRUST ME!

This is all anecdotal -

My sister is a heavy smoker and has terrible acne.

I used to smoke weed a lot in high school and that's when my acne got bad. Even though I don't smoke now, my acne still sucks, which is why I'm attacking it with diet, supplements and exercise now :)

HowStuffWorks.com can tell you what it's actually doing to your body. None of that seems like it's good for your health and therefore not for curing acne.

This is all anecdotal -

My sister is a heavy smoker and has terrible acne.

I used to smoke weed a lot in high school and that's when my acne got bad. Even though I don't smoke now, my acne still sucks, which is why I'm attacking it with diet, supplements and exercise now :)

HowStuffWorks.com can tell you what it's actually doing to your body. None of that seems like it's good for your health and therefore not for curing acne.

Heavy smokers nearly always develop health problems. The more you smoke, the more degraded you become.

Both of my brothers smoked a lot of pot, and both got really bad acne. Same w/ me, and Dan Kern (acne.org creator).

www.whyquit.com shows the consequence of smoking on your lungs, heart and arteries, and that is not anecdotal by any means.

Water and clay is the only cure (for having lungs coated in tar).

Edited by srotriya

Ok i lied. it was about me. I had pretty oily skin. Even with shine free morning washes and all that. My skin still got oily to wear, if i rubbed my nose my finger was shiny and smelt bad. I didnt start smoking but smoked some cigs id say a total of 4-6 the last 3 days. And noticed my skin has stayed oil free completely as long as i keep taking 2-3 pulls a day. Im not taking up smoking to stop acne. I was just curious as my acne is caused from having over active oil glands and it clogs up my pores. Being this stops the oil and keeps my face dry id figure it would work no? And yes the other chemicals are harmful for you but, i only get pimples from overactive oil glands. I remember back on accutane when my skin was incredibly dry i went 3-4 days without showering on a week off i had sleeping on dirty pillow cases and not caring whatsoever without a single pimple or black head. I noticed my blackheads have also went away being my skin doesnt get all oily anymore. Just thought id share it out here

I can say that I used to smoke pot and cigs. I don't condone either. I quit doing both about 2-3 years ago and have had problems with cystic acne ever since. I have no idea if the two are related but I guess I would rather just deal with the acne.