Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
padresfan

Mupirocin as an occasional spot treatment?

Is it ok to use Mupirocin as an occasional spot treatment?

I apply it very sparingly to one or two pustules when I get them (I get them about once every other week).

Hello! I was prescibed mupricon ointment for a cold sore I had overr the winter and recently found at that I could use it as a spot treatment for pimples. It is not scientifically proven that it works but it does help! It might not work as well as youd like, but it is not harmful. good luck

I heard that you could build up a resistance to it. And it is one of the antibiotics effective against MRSA. I don't want to risk getting antibiotic resistance, but at the same time it's the only thing that seems to help when I have a pimple (since I have really sensitive skin and am allergic to BP).

Can anyone confirm or dispell this?

I heard that you could build up a resistance to it. And it is one of the antibiotics effective against MRSA. I don't want to risk getting antibiotic resistance, but at the same time it's the only thing that seems to help when I have a pimple (since I have really sensitive skin and am allergic to BP).

Can anyone confirm or dispell this?

this may be late, but i use it very sparringly when needed

you can try a little tea tree oil in a bunch of jojoba oil or cerave cream

or aha