Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
singingfool

Blackheads on the nose

Has anyone successfully gotten rid of all those little blackheads on their nose? What did you do to achieve that? Did your results last?

Hi there! :) I only get a few insy blackheads on my nose. I apply a wicked clay mask over my nose called fullers earth(calcium montmorillonite). It's comfortably the best thing that I've tried. If you have sensitive skin like me then you'll hopefully be ok with this. Here's the one I use: http://www.naturallygreen.co.uk/fullers-ea...125g-p-339.html. Has a brief description on it's uses- Acne +.

I used to have a better one before but unfortunately the lady whom I bought it from stop selling them. She sells an acne book guide thingy . Haven't checked it out. But Yeah It's really good. I was worried when she stopped selling it, thankfully I found another that works well. Although my old clay was so so good. After washing it off I could squeeze out the gunk with ease. The powder's from the US so I'm sure you'll find it with ease.

If you have any Q's about the clay n how to use just ask anytime.

Has anyone successfully gotten rid of all those little blackheads on their nose? What did you do to achieve that? Did your results last?

I'm beginning to think there is no answer other than good hygiene. What do you use to wash your face? I have a BUNCH blackheads on my nose and just started to use retin a. So far, they are still there.

I really think it depends on what you use to was your face. yo have to use an anti-bacterial like soap, but supposedly soap makes things worse. try St Ives apricot scrub with salicylic acid. Hope for the best too. How old are you? When I was 12 to 16 NO ACNE. I was one beautiful boy. Had a BUNCH of girls liking me. At 17 my acne stated and I kinda ignored. BIG MISTAKE. So you should probably go see a dermatologists.

Blackheads are a common problem that affects all skin types, especially those with oily skin. The blackheads and whiteheads usually occur around the nose, cheeks, chin and forehead.

The blackheads are caused by hardened masses of sebum, formed in the ducts or the sebaceous glands. They are direct result of skin pores becoming clogged with sebum and dead skin cells. The whiteheads are tiny, pearly, white raised spots. They are caused due to excessive secretion of sebum oil. The whiteheads usually show up as tiny white spots around the eyes. The same lotions, creams and masks are recommended for whiteheads too. Unfortunately, it is impossible to reduce the pore size, but you can minimize the amount of gunk that is clogged in them. In order to prevent the appearance of blackheads you should follow a strict skin care regime. Daily skin cleansing is essential. Wash your face at least twice a day using oil and alcohol-free formulas.

I have found that Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque helps alot with blackheads, atleast for me. You can get this at drugstores or Wild Oats (previously Whole Foods).

The only thing you have to remember with this product is that you should only use it 1-2 times a week. It is NOT a daily product. If you use it too much it will actually cause you to break out, so be careful.

Nose strips help quite a bit with removing blackheads from the nose, but it only removes small blackheads. However, this is good, as small blackheads eventually turn into large ones, so removing these early is best. Don't use these every night, preferably 1 to 2 times a week.

Edited by Blayne

Well i cant get rid of all of them

But i use Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Treatment Wash only on my nose and it does the job well enough! Keep it away from the rest of my face though, its too powerful for the rest.

good luck!

Stay strong!

Guest Timehealsall
ya..in my water fast, my blackheads went away on the 6th day (non-consecutive)

yvonne did your blackheads leave holes?

I started using Tazorac and Neutogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask ask recommended by my dermatologist. I had blackheads all over my nose and within 48 hours they were all gone! I know Tazorac doesn't work that quickly so I really think it is the Neutrogena that is working so well. I have been using it for 3 weeks and I haven't had a single blackhead.

P.S. When I went to find this particular Neutrogena cleanser, I had a really hard time. The only place I found this one was Target. Everywhere else only had other Neutrogena products but not the Cleanser/Mask.