Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Halscter

Damaged hair, Oily skin

Hey guys, im a 15 year old male almost 16 in 10 days :D

The problem is i have oily skin and get whiteheads and papules. I use benzoil peroxide to clean my face and im on minocycline 100 mg in the morning and at night. (yes its also considering im very small for my age but whatever will help me on my quest to fight acne!) My question is how often should i shampoo/condition my hair. I workout/ skateboard throughout the day and i think it would be gross if i didnt wash my hair at least once a day. Although, my hair is very damaged and almost you could say looks like hay. Should i just wet my hair in the shower and simply just condition it and not shampoo? Please help me !

A trick I've never tried but have always wanted to:

Try dandruff shampoo. Acne is, in part, caused by uneven skin cell shedding, and that's exactly what dandruff treatments work on improving. That should help the acne part and then conditioning normally would improve your hair's appearance.

Edited by Elsewhere

ah okay sweet so dandruff shampoo and then any other old conditioner? And should i just go in the shower some days and just wet my hair instead of condition it? I mean i can be a very good looking kid if my hair and acne didn't mess up my appearance, it makes me look dirty and like i dont care. I wear a beanie in school so kids also think im a stoner i guess. Im so desperate to fix my appearance and gain self confidence.

ha, yeah ill definetly ask my parents about it since i do not have my car yet. Yeah, have acne sucks preety hard. Some people just dont realise how much it sucks. I mean honestly i could have so many girls if my confidence wasnt hindered by acne