Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I've had constant acne since I was 12. My life is hard enough without having this. This week, after a nice rare clear skin period that lasted a week, I have broken out in severe acne. I haven't changed my diet or started using anything new. I honestly don't know what the point of life is nor can I imagine there is one. Things are going on in my life that make me cry everyday and the last thing i need is giant painful cystic acne all over my face when I am already trying with everything I have to get up everyday and be brave. I have tried everything on the market. Everything, twice or three times. Proactive, Murad, pills, diets, no sugar, no milk, emu oil, not using anything, forgeting about it,special bars of soap from holistic stores, positive thinking, eating bad, eating good, all over the counter cleansers, moisterizers and toners, ect. ect. ect. I once went on birth control pills and they just gave me Jaundice and an extended belly in which my doctor decided the solution to was to give me a higher dosage of birth control. I stopped taking them because I feared for my health and entertained the notion that my doctor might be insane.

My skin routine is, exfoliating gently with a hot face cloth, then using clean and clear cleanser, then I use spectro gel moisturizer for blemish prone skin.

But my real concern isn't just my acne but really, what is the point of life? Why wont my acne go away?

You say you have tried everything- have you tried accutane? I was in a similar position prior to accutane, having tried virtually every antibiotic/diet/cleanser/remedy imaginable, all to no avail. The only thing that ever worked for me was accutane.

I realize it isn't a solution for everyone, but i can't recommend it emphatically enough.

Edited by arthurkirkland

this is the question i search for but never find. the closest ive ever come is there is the only point is to suffer. why do i continue to live when the only thing i want more than to die is clear skin? why do thousands of good people and soldiers fighting for their country die everyday but i continue to live only to suffer? i would gladly give my life for any soldier, they dont deserve to die, i do.