Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falnhart

Before/After Pic of Severe Acne (No Scarring)

Look at the pics in the link below. Her acne was REALLY bad, and yet there is no notable scarring there. The picture is close-up, and there's no marketing behind it to have been retouched or enhanced. How can this be? Perhaps her doctor was more competent and aggresive in treating her skin condition?

http://www.vgrd.org/archive/cases/2001/pyo...rmafaciale.html

It isn't acne. Here is a quote telling what it is, and regarding the non-scarring phenomenon.

Scarring is often minimal when the lesions clear. Some regard it as an extreme form of rosacea and suggest

it be renamed rosacea fulminans in analogy with its counterpart, acne fulminans.

Yeah, I know it's "technically" not acne, but when it comes to "horror" under your skin, appearance makes all the difference. I'm sure her cysts were as bad as even the worst type of acne, and was no less an inflammation below her skin. But you're right, she did recieve several treatments over a period of months to bring her skin to normal. Although her 8 month session on Accutane was only a cumulative "4,200 mg," which is equivalent to someone on 80 mg/daily for less than 2 months. Whatever the case, she had caring and cautious doctors who treated her well. More than I could say for my old doc.

I'm not trying to minimize acne at all. I pointed that out because what she had is non-scarring, but it really looked like acne to me. shock.gif

I think they caught it quickly and the Dr.'s were very caring.

"an oral steroid 3x"

What is the function of an oral steroid? What is the difference btw that and injected cortisone steroid and what is the benefit? Thank you in advance.

Well, oral steroids are prescribed for Rheumatoid Arthritis. They reduce inflammation. They also thin the skin in the long-term....which is bad.

I'll have to look it up for you, because that is the extent of my knowledge, and admittedly, it is a me putting 2+2 together due to knowing they are used for RA, which is inflammatory.

Her condition looked more red than actaully that deep, but she does have some albeit minimal scarring if you look closely in the last pic., but she was fully checked and was in good heallth, pus she didn't have thta condition for years and years and years, only a few weeks. I wish I'd taken thyroid meds when I had been on accuatane, I could have avoided some scars but then maybe I could have had to take those meds permantly instead of totally recoverin. Ah life it can be weird and shitty

god. i hate that red crap that explodes on your face.

that's how i got severe cystic acne. it just exploded over a period of 1-2 days.

I've had scars ever since.