Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
davis507

Best Treatment For Brown and Red Scars

hello

So my scars are raised a little, not too bad, no pitting (yet). I am wondering what the best treatment for the slightly raised spots and dark brown and red marks would be? I was thinking maybe a mid depth TCA peel, but not sure. The skin clinic recommended levulan but upon research that seems like a very scary treatment to me. If I heard more good things about it, I might consider it but I have heard a few negs....

How about just straight up IPL and not the chemicals they put on with the levulan? I have heard while it takes longer it is fairly easy on the skin. (provided the skin care person knows what they r doing) I figure if Rosaceans can get it done it cannot be too bad....

Dermabrasion or microdermabrasion is out of the question, I had it once and I just did not like it at all.

Once I get this mess under control I want to start working on getting the scars fixed.

TIA

I know there is a sticky here with some info but I am kind of fishing for ppl's personal experiences or someone's they know. Thanks!