Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shardo

10 weeks into accutane cycle.

Hey everyone, I Have been on accutane (80 mgs daily) for 10 weeks and still have about 6 more to go, since I started the cycle I have noticed dry skin, dry lips, the common symptoms.... but still am getting acne!! not impressed... Although It is better than it was before going on accutane but I want it gone,

I would like to hear your expierence with accutane to ask how long it took before your skin cleared up?

Thanks alot

-Ryan

well im 9 weeks in and ive been on 60mg for 2 months and 80mg for the past week. Im still not clear either, but its getting better. From what ive read you can expect a good amount of clearing by month 3 and total/complete clearing by month 4 or 5. However, there will always be exceptions and you gotta remember everyone is different.

well im 9 weeks in and ive been on 60mg for 2 months and 80mg for the past week. Im still not clear either, but its getting better. From what ive read you can expect a good amount of clearing by month 3 and total/complete clearing by month 4 or 5. However, there will always be exceptions and you gotta remember everyone is different.

Thanks for the reply, I see thats good news, how long of a cycle are you taking? Im on a 4 month cycle Ive noticed a lot of people are taking 6 months.

im on a 5 month treatment, 2 months of 60mg and 3 months of 80mg. Generally treatments range from 4 to 6 months in length. Accutane is usually measured by cumulative dosage, im 81kg and taking a total of 10800mg so thats about 133.33mg/kg. From what i recall dosages between 120mg/kg and 150mg/kg show the lowest remission rates. I cant wait till i dont worry about acne anymore! good luck with your course.