Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xanaxx

i don't see how this can end well.

I have super horrific sun damage to my skin. I kind of got it under control with copper, but it was nowhere near as healthy or elastic as normal skin. So everything was fine and dandy until a huge breakout a few months ago.

Because of the sundamage, one pimple can take weeks to heal. When it does go away, there is a brown INDENT. if not, then it leaves red scar tissue. This has been accumulating on my face over the past few months and my whole entire face is like a giant scab. It is simply not healing. There's no telling when the acne will go away so I can be dealing with this until it has left me looking like a burn victim. I have a feeling my scars will be very severe. I am so, so depressed and feel there is no hope.

I'm finishing up my first year of college, and this is the first time I have ever done so poorly in school. I have the summer to heal (needless to say it will be the worst summer ever), but if the problem does not get a bit better there is NO WAY I can enter sophomore year. Within a period of 6 months, my life has been ruined.

Edited by xanaxx

I'm so sorry, xanaxx. Have you seen a dermatologist or gp? If so, what were you told?

Yeah I saw a derm but it was at the point where the acne was just emerging, so he couldn't see it in the healing process and how badly it was healing. He just gave me a bunch of meds for the acne which I'm concerned could further be damaging my skin, but there's no way to asses the actual damage until the acne's cleared up, so that's really what I have to focus on now. But I see tons of scar correction surgery in my future.

We'll see what the doc has to say during the follow up, though.

Edited by xanaxx

I have super horrific sun damage to my skin. I kind of got it under control with copper, but it was nowhere near as healthy or elastic as normal skin. So everything was fine and dandy until a huge breakout a few months ago.

Because of the sundamage, one pimple can take weeks to heal. When it does go away, there is a brown INDENT. if not, then it leaves red scar tissue. This has been accumulating on my face over the past few months and my whole entire face is like a giant scab. It is simply not healing. There's no telling when the acne will go away so I can be dealing with this until it has left me looking like a burn victim. I have a feeling my scars will be very severe. I am so, so depressed and feel there is no hope.

I'm finishing up my first year of college, and this is the first time I have ever done so poorly in school. I have the summer to heal (needless to say it will be the worst summer ever), but if the problem does not get a bit better there is NO WAY I can enter sophomore year. Within a period of 6 months, my life has been ruined.

Hi Xanaxx, I cant promise it will get better, but it will. Are you the one who has sun damage after using Retin A? Once the breakout goes away, concentrate on scar therapy. It will get better..just believe it and you can make it happen.

Also, please do well in school. PLEASE. Dont allow it to control that aspect of your life-its just too important to give up on college. Just think about it this way: go to college, enter a field that makes lots of money, and then use that money to get kick-ass gorgeous skin!

Edited by Lisa14

Are you the one who has sun damage after using Retin A?

Yep, that was me. The sad part is, copper did a good enough job so that I wasn't depressed about the sun damage anymore. I even went without make up for the first time in FOUR YEARS. It was the ultimate freedom. I thought I was set for life, I had no idea this was coming, and now I'm back to wearing shit tons of makeup again, and probably will be far into the future.

Yep, that was me. The sad part is, copper did a good enough job so that I wasn't depressed about the sun damage anymore. I even went without make up for the first time in FOUR YEARS. It was the ultimate freedom. I thought I was set for life, I had no idea this was coming, and now I'm back to wearing shit tons of makeup again, and probably will be far into the future.

What copper did you use-could you be more specific? Does it help the indents?

What copper did you use-could you be more specific? Does it help the indents?

Skinbiology's copper peptides. I purchased one of the sample packages which lasted me months. It didn't so much help indents, but my skin was sagging because the pores were so large and it tightened those up.