Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helathy2BLiving

Chemical peel for acne scars! set of queries

Hi all! I have a few quick questions for getting a chemical peel for acne scars.

1. Does it actually work ? And how well ?

2. Can you get a chemical peel if you still get a few scattered zits here and there.

3. Do chemical peels help at all with acne and/or blackheads ? Or just mainly with scars and wrinkles ?

I've lost count of the glycolic and lactic peels that I've had done. I also had a series of 6 treatments with the easy TCA peels (I think that’s 15% concentration).

They do make your skin look temporarily better (brighter, tighter), but doesn’t actually do anything for scars, not even the shallow ones!

I did find some info regarding a new type of chemical peel, it’s called Enerpeel. Apparently it’s supposed to be better by getting deeper in to the dermis and getting rid of scarred tissue.

It's still new and I can't seem to find many reviews on it but I may consider having this done in the winter and hopefully there will be more information about it by then.

I've lost count of the glycolic and lactic peels that I've had done. I also had a series of 6 treatments with the easy TCA peels (I think that’s 15% concentration).

They do make your skin look temporarily better (brighter, tighter), but doesn’t actually do anything for scars, not even the shallow ones!

I did find some info regarding a new type of chemical peel, it’s called Enerpeel. Apparently it’s supposed to be better by getting deeper in to the dermis and getting rid of scarred tissue.

It's still new and I can't seem to find many reviews on it but I may consider having this done in the winter and hopefully there will be more information about it by then.

Yes, I believe only the hardcore peels will help. Light ones wont do anything, I dont think. But its worth a try. I havent done any myself because I'm too afraid.

If you go to the link of acne info and search for scar treatments in this site, you gona see that most of the people here has positive result from tca chemical peel 30 to 35% but any higher than this, could be too risky.

Im going to try this soon to try to level up the scared skin, my scarring are not too deep now after the silikon injection...

Edited by badkitty

If you go to the link of acne info and search for scar treatments in this site, you gona see that most of the people here has positive result from tca chemical peel 30 to 35% but any higher than this, could be too risky.

Im going to try this soon to try to level up the scared skin, my scarring are not too deep now after the silikon injection...

yeah sorry to burst the topic guys, but ive been using peels for quite a while and have only seen a max 20% improvement in my scars. Between October and December 2009 I dedicated myself to needling and applying many layers of tca 50% to my skin. Overall, I applied about 15-20 layers to my skin over a few months. I only used it as a spot treatment and applied up to 5-6 layers in one sitting, which is equivalent to tca 300%. The scars were definitely reduced (people started commenting) and I had no negative side effects (redness etc went away after a month), though not nearly as much as you could expect using other procedures. Overall, i guess it depends how long you have. If you can dedicate yourself to applying the high quanities over a long period of time you'll definitely see results, otherwise dont bother. Social downtime is a massive factor.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

cartwheeling_monkey what type of scar do you have?

and how many times in interval section you have done chemical peel?

BTW don't feel sorry we are here to help each other and share experiance all of us are in the same boat.

Edited by badkitty

cartwheeling_monkey what type of scar do you have?

and how many times in interval section you have done chemical peel?

BTW don't feel sorry we are here to help each other and share experiance all of us are in the same boat.

oh sorry, i shouldve mentioned that! i have a combination of ice pick scars and boxcar scars. my shallower scars were made a lot more shallower and only my deeper scars saw a smaller improvement. i found the more deeply pitted the scar, the smaller the improvement. overall though, my scarring is probably a lot more minimal than a lot of peoples on here.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

yeah sorry to burst the topic guys, but ive been using peels for quite a while and have only seen a max 20% improvement in my scars. Between October and December 2009 I dedicated myself to needling and applying many layers of tca 50% to my skin. Overall, I applied about 15-20 layers to my skin over a few months. I only used it as a spot treatment and applied up to 5-6 layers in one sitting, which is equivalent to tca 300%. The scars were definitely reduced (people started commenting) and I had no negative side effects (redness etc went away after a month), though not nearly as much as you could expect using other procedures. Overall, i guess it depends how long you have. If you can dedicate yourself to applying the high quanities over a long period of time you'll definitely see results, otherwise dont bother. Social downtime is a massive factor.

I also performed cross on myself with 100% tca (not peels), I did it 3 times and it is slightly more shallow. But I am worried about continuing with cross incase I mess up my 'normal' skin.

Also, the tca is labelled as unbuffered 100% but I'm pretty certain its much weaker than that.

Mr Sunshine

Today I had done my own tca peel 30% and 50%. I just was wondering when you mentioned that you did 50% it was only in one spot as a tca cross or the entire skin?

How long it take to peel off?