Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been doing a lot of thinking about how to get the best result with my narrow deep boxcar scars and ice pick scars. So far laser wise, everyone here is pretty much set on the fraxel repair, since it penetrates deeper and is able to get rid of more scar tissue/promote more collage growth in doing so.

The reason ice pick scars dont respond well is they are too narrow. Being fractional, its possible the laser might just pass over many of them - without actually hitting them.

I've always noticed when I used to needle and do spot peels on myself (with high concentrations of TCA Acid) that id always get better results if I stretched my skin whilst treating the area. This makes the scar wider and shallower and allowed me to get into all the bits more. Im thinking if the skin was stretched whilst it was lasered, more of the scar would be targeted, leading to better results. What do you all think?

On a side note, do you think any cosmetic dermatologist would be crazy enough to do a second fraxel repair 5 weeks later?

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey