Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
walrus eater

an example of what clear skinneds think of acnes

ok so i was in class and to the right of me was a good looking clear skinned girl that im friends with and to the left of me if my clear skinned friend. now there is a guy to the right of her that has i would say (compared to me) mild acne. now this kid is very loud and annoying as hell and he was being immature as usual and was throwing paper and hit the girl. after class her and my friend were walking and my friend said he couldnt believe the mild acne kid hit her with the paper and he said he wanted to throw his water ball at him. the girl then replied by saying "i wanted to throw some soap at him, did u see his face!?". so if someone with mild acne gets comments like soap needed to be thrown at him imagine what everyone thinks of me. i seriously hate my life because of acne i cant take this anymore

I wouldnt think of it that way bro. The thing is, people will throw an insult to anyone they deem deserving of it. She probably thinks he's a douche bag (not because of his acne) and therefore wanted to say something mean about him, even though she may not think that... Since she's your friend, the thought most likely would not have crossed her mind...

I wouldnt think of it that way bro. The thing is, people will throw an insult to anyone they deem deserving of it. She probably thinks he's a douche bag (not because of his acne) and therefore wanted to say something mean about him, even though she may not think that... Since she's your friend, the thought most likely would not have crossed her mind...

that is very true im sure she was only mad at him and thats the only thing she could think of. but the fact remains the same that others do see our acne, and it is very unattractive, whether we admit it or not

As thanotos said, dont read too much into it. Everyone says things they dont mean when they're mad. If your mad at someone youll go right for the throat and say the nastiest thing you can think of. I am guilty of this myself, and I usually feel really bad after.

People just don't know any better. I'm clear now but would NEVER insult someone about their acne because I know exactly what they feel like. I actually feel insulted myself when I hear others talk about someone's acne in a condescending way.

*hugs*

I know it's hard, but try to just brush it off.

What that person has to say doesn't matter.

I've had someone with clear skin tell me to go wash my face in the past.

I guess some clear-skinned people think acne is just a hygiene thing, but that's just

out of their ignorance, they just don't know any better.

smile~ :)

just dream lovely. dream of the day when you walk down the hall and all the girls pass out because you are so sexy. that day is coming. i can see it.

I will NEVER AGAIN be critical of someone's looks. Whether it's acne, weight, height, wrinkles, bad teeth, whatever, everyone deserves to be treated with respect regardless of what they look like. I used to have great skin and I would make fun of people too and never think twice about their feelings. Now I know what's it like to feel ugly and unworthy and not be able to do a darn thing about it and I felt like crawling under a rock and dying whenever I heard someone talking about my acne. I am just dealing with scars now, but if I hear my friends talking trash about another person's appearance, I am the first one to tell them to knock it off. They don't know why that person looks that way or what kind of struggles they are going through because of it. I wish I could take back all the rude things I said to people in the past because now I know how it feels.

I agree with the above poster. Back in middle school before I really had acne, there was a girl in my class with tons of blackheads on her nose. In my yearbook, I drew black dots all over her face. I guess it's karma now that I have alot of blackheads and acne and she has clear skin.

just dream lovely. dream of the day when you walk down the hall and all the girls pass out because you are so sexy. that day is coming. i can see it.

This may be the first positive post by slave2makeup :dance: