Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For the past month or so, my acne has been mostly mild, with only some moderate acne. However, ever since I started taking Acnescript with the circumin and guggul 5 days ago, I have been having a lot of nodules pop up. Overall my acne is significantly worse than before I started.

Is this a common problem or should I stop taking the acnescript? What is it that is in this stuff that could be making my face get worse?

As I've said, the only thing that could break you out at first would be the Vitamin B5. The levels of B5 in AcneScript aren't massive compared to the B5 supplement regimen, but it's still plenty more than the RDA. Many people report an initial break out from taking b5 if they aren't used to it.

You must also realize that you could just coincidentally be getting a breakout around the same time as starting AcneScript, this product isn't going to end your acne in a couple days, and a breakout occuring can just be natural anyways.

I'm on my 6th day of the Acnescript trial (regular) but I haven't seen/experienced any significant changes thus far...will keep at it for a while more and see how it goes.

And I don't know about anybody else, but the Spotscript doesn't work for me at all. I applied it a large zit but it did nothing to kill it or even speed up the cycle... maybe I'm not applying it frequently enough? I put it on once before bed everyday for a few days, but it didn't help.

cleric...thanks for your input because i was feeling like i was the only one that seemed to break out while on this stuff. Im even more dry than normal and that is a concern for me. I moistuized with a little jojoba and of course i woke to a pimple next to two others by my mouth..I have to learn that jojoba doesnt like my skin at all. Ive reduced my acnescript pills to 3 a day instead of 4 to see if that helps. Whoever mentioned the b5 breakout might be onto something because my naturopath gave me something called Naturally Clear Spray. It contains Niacinamide, aloe and b5..Every time I spayed it on my face i woke to something only on my right side where i was applying it..Maybe it was b5 overkill. I didnt use the spray last night and nothing this morning..I really need to find somethiing consistent for my skin. I use a cleanser for several days or weeks and if i dont like the way it feels initially or how my skin looks the next day, I move onto something else..I can find a cleanser thats mild enough but then i feel like i need something extra like a toner with sal acid or something else to wipe off left over residue that has the potential to clog in my hair follicles and chin. Any ideas?

My two sense on the acnescript: It not worth it..It does nothing to decrease the swelling, redness or helps heal the pimples i've put it on...What worked better and faster was tea tree oil. I dont dilute it just apply it with a q-tip once and by morning I swear its drying up. It doenst help with redness though..I would love to know what does...

. I use a cleanser for several days or weeks and if i dont like the way it feels initially or how my skin looks the next day, I move onto something else..I can find a cleanser thats mild enough but then i feel like i need something extra like a toner with sal acid or something else to wipe off left over residue that has the potential to clog in my hair follicles and chin. Any ideas?

I personally use Dr. Wood's black soap, then follow it with witch hazel. The soap is pretty much like Dr. Bronner's soap, except you don't need to dilute it. I've used Bronner's before, and it was horrible, very drying, even if I use a tiny amount with tons of water. If your skin is already dry, I'd suggest the Dr. Woods w/ Shea butter (they call it shea vision or something), it is less drying (I've used both). I haven't tried the other "flavors" of Dr. Woods yet, only the black soap one. It cleanses REALLY well, I find that it's the only soap around my apartment that cleanses turmeric off. Also, I've been using it to wash my hands before putting in my contacts, and I definitely notice the difference. The only down side to this soap is I can't find it in any local stores. They're usually in health-food/vitamin stores, but I've tried trader joes, vitamin shoppe, whole foods, even random small local vitamin stores. Nope. I can only order it online. Anyways, hope this helps! Oh and the witch hazel is something extra I like, it hasn't necessarily done any good for me, but it makes me FEEL (and think) I wiped off any excess residue. The extra alcohol doesn't bother me, but you can try Thayer's if you're into that kind of "gentile" skin care :| it doesn't contain any alcohol- but when I tried the rose petal one, it left this icky residue that I hated, so I go with the cheap Dickinson's or Walmart brand instead.

I just made a $129 payment to Acnescript for a ton of more stuff. Can't wait to get it. I got a huge bottle of GLA coming now, that is supposed to help with oily skin too. I don't know why I didn't get this with my initial shipment, but I also got 120 count bottles of Guggul and B5, along with some more Probiotic. My order will come with a bottle of B5 and Turmeric too. Can't wait to get another big bag of pill bottles in the mail. :)

yes, i meant to say spotscript...UGH woke to another welt on left side that was clear..I wish i knew if it was food or not...10 days on acnescript and still breaking out

yes, i meant to say spotscript...UGH woke to another welt on left side that was clear..I wish i knew if it was food or not...10 days on acnescript and still breaking out

Patience...sometimes internal changes are very slow.

I'm doing everything and anything I can. Like I said before, I turn 24 soon (tomorrow) and I've been dealing with this crap since I was 12. It's hard to remember how bad it was back then, but it was bad, and it's never gotten much better. I have a lot I need to do this year and I feel like I am completely looked down on because of my skin and feel like it's ruined my life thus far.

So like 9 weeks ago I started working out a lot (running several miles a day) drinking green tea by the gallon pretty much every day (and brewing white tea fresh often as well) and doing everything I can to not touch my face and also try stuff that would work.

I got into apple cider vinegar tablets and started applying ACV topically (diluted at least 50/50 with water) again as a toner about two months ago, because I had had good results with that three years ago when I had a similar episode like this where I tried really hard but then slipped with my regimen and had the worst breakout of my life. Along with the ACV tablets I started somehow hearing about how turmeric was good, and then got some of that and then all of a sudden heard of Acnescript and it was like a combination of all the stuff I had heard was good along with some new stuff I had never tried before.

I also like the viewpoint of Acnescript's makers, how they see acne as small infections and that they're caused from internal issues. I believe that too, I think diet is a part of it, but I also think some people just have crappy livers or kidneys or something. I've never smoked in my life and never drank until I was 20 and barely do, but yet my body seems to operate like I've abused it my whole life.

So to sum up my rambling, I'm getting all the boosters because I trust the Acnescript products. I've gotten a good feeling from that site from the moment I saw it, and I am very happy with what I've used so far and will do anything I can to keep this going and don't want to ever have a lapse in supply. I think the B5 is important for me to have at 2 grams a day, so I need the booster bottle of that, and I also think the GLA will be great for stopping oily skin along with the B5. The Probiotic and Guggul are just the icing on the cake and hopefully will ensure that my skin stays stable even when I eat pizza, which I do regularly.

I seriously can't take anymore of life with bad skin, I've spent half of my life now with it. I know some people have it worse and have had it longer, but none of that matters on a personal level when I'm trying to live my life and actually have a life for once. My skin doesn't seem to have any active acne anymore, but it still looks pretty bad all over from past acne and scarring and whatever else it'd be officially called. It's not pretty, but I am happy with where I'm going right now and hope that over the next few months I can keep it calm and be able to apply more healing stuff more often if I'm able to lay off the BP and constant battles with active spots.

I feel like I'm at the end of the road, so I'm giving it my all. On days when for some reason my skin looks "good" (at least to me) and I get everything just right, it's such a huge difference in the way people treat me. I don't know if others here have talked about this, since I've never posted here that much since joining many years ago, but it's a night and day difference for me. I'm not talking about getting hit on or anything, but just like the way people look at you or behave in conversation.

Edited by Cleric

If you continue to take B5, I would suggest you get it from somewhere else besides the Acnescript website. You can order it from allstarhealth.com (or any other site for that matter) for cheaper and it will ship faster, in a bigger supply. You can also get Circumin from any grocery store in larger doses and cheaper too.

All of the other boosters you should stick with thru AcneScript.

Thanks, I might look into that. I already do have at least one more full bottle of high quality Turmeric/Curcumin from GNC, along with a big bottle of their garlic tablets too. I had bought the garlic while I waited for the Acnescript and wanted to try and get some of its ingredients going as soon as possible.

Is B5 going to be reliable from all other sources?

Twinlabs B5 is one of the most popular, and you can get it in 100 or 200 pill bottles for pretty cheap. The pills appear to be the exact same size as Acnescripts, but I can't tell you if they're the same ones.

I have a Spotscript update, sort of. I still don't have any zits to put it on but I got a giant bite on my butt last night no idea from what. But a very large very itchy bite. So I put some of it on the bite and waited 30 secs put some more on waited 30 secs then did it again. Bite was GONE itch was GONE in an hour. I could still feel the exact point where the bug had bitten/injected me but the whole entire bump - maybe a centimeter across had disappeared. Not what I bought it for but hey it helped! Anyone know when that stuff is going for sale again?

I contacted Acnescript and they said that they were aware that their spotscript helped with bug bites. Also asked them when they would be selling spotscript again and all they said was soon. I actually just had another bite. I timed it and after 40 minutes there was just the slightest hint of the welt still left. Also to answer a couple of questions from people who asked I just stuck it on the first time for the heck of it. Figured it couldn't hurt and I wanted to try the damn stuff on somethign! As I think about it now it makes sense since a bug bite causes a small infection from the outside. That's what they say a zit is but from the inside so now we know. :)

Wow, I want to get that Spotscript stuff.

On Friday it'll be two weeks since I started using it, so I'm about to take my 24th or 25th pair of Acnescript. I'm almost out of Guggul and B5 and am really hoping my $129.00 shipment that I ordered on Saturday comes tomorrow. I don't think I ever got anything saying it shipped, but I would assume it shipped by now, hopefully on Monday. If it doesn't come soon I'm gonna be screwed and will end up having to take extra Acnescripts to get more B5, and I'll also order a big bottle from somewhere else to have for back-up in the future.

Since the 12 days, I don't think I've had a single issue pop-up besides two from excessive touching of my face, so I don't think the Acnescript caused it and think it's doing an amazing job. I've been eating quite poorly (eating out and eating pizza at home every single day) and still no issues. I even slacked on the running the last five days or so, but started that back up tonight. I still have oily skin but it's a little better and I'm hoping that continuing the B5, along with the soon to arrive GLA pills from Acnescript will help that in the coming weeks too. That's kinda my main problem, cause the oily skin makes me look even crappier, and it also makes me touch my face way more than I would otherwise.

Edit: I forgot, I also took a new picture for the first time since November. I took it quickly on Monday (my 24th birthday) a little bit after waking up (so my eyes are weird). I know I might look like a smug ass on there, but I'm quite the opposite. I had some tinted moisturizer on and pick the picture with the best lighting, so a lot of my flaws are hidden. Trust me, it's not pretty at all usually. I hadn't taken a picture of myself at all for months, but I wish I had one from five weeks ago so you all could see how awful it was just that recently. No amount of lighting could have hid it.

post-21814-1299739397_thumb.jpg

post-21814-1299739397_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cleric

day 15 of acnescript and my clogged pores are worse..Is this because im dehydrated? Im still taking my spirnonolactone and would love to know if that is the reason. I thought i saw a glimmer of something over the weekend but it soon passed..I have no active acne just what i create from picking out the clogged pores and blackheads. Im taking 4 regular acnescript pills along with 100mg of spironolactone a day...In case anyone is wondering spiro is used to lower androgen levels and i have been on it a year and have not seen the miracle results everyone talks of. I was thinking of increasing my dosage right before i started the acnescript but decided to try something new. Im also having a hard time finding a moisturizer that doesnt clogg my digustingly big and open pores..Im not using any of the boosters that acnescript came with just the 4 pills and when i remember the curcurmin. Any ideas when my oil production will return to normal?

Do they always send a shipping confirmation e-mail?

Edit: just got it the e-mail. Thankfully it comes USPS so it can come on the weekend.

Hello,

Your AcneScript order has shipped

via USPS Priority mail. You will likely

have it on Saturday the 12th.

A receipt was sent to you by

PayPal when you placed your order.

Thanks!

Support

I forgot to mention that last time. It came Priority shipping, not first-class, which is even better. I only have four B5 capsules left, but that can last me till Saturday if it needs to. I am happy that I won't have a huge gap of time at all and have learned my lesson for the future.

wicky, I don't know your situation at all, but have you ever tried a egg white mask or egg yolk mask? I did the egg white mask today for 10-15 minutes before taking a shower. It tightens my skin so much after it's on for like 10 minutes and my skin looks perfect until I wash it off. I wish there was something I could do to make it permanently tighten like that.

Edited by Cleric

Morning of day 14, I've had two more prominent than average lumps appear in the past day and around 2-3 other spots of activity. I contribute this to being lazy and reckless in every way possible, including not even using BP for like 3 days total of these past two weeks. I'd say the discontinuing of BP is the most likely cause. It doesn't look like I'll have any gap in my Acnescript pill taking, and will be introducing the GLA capsules on Saturday night.

I think and hope that with my return to my usual BP routine and continuing with all the other stuff, I can get back on an upward trend, even if I do eat kinda poorly here and there. It's not that I eat a lot, but half of the time it's pizza. High quality pizza, but still pizza.