Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jessdell

Sagging pores?

I'm only 20 years old, but my skin makes me look 40. I've had acne since I was 12, and I'm afraid all the medicine has really taken a toll on me. I've got big creases under my eyes and huge pores. Thankfully when I'm inside it's harder to tell, but outside my skin looks miserable. I'm hoping they're only big because they're still clogged? Or there is scarring that can be fixed? Does anyone have skin like this, and can you please please tell me how to fix it? I'm desperate and willing to try anything--medicines, procedures, whatever. Would Accutane possibly help? I'm so sick of this skin.

The second picture is inside, where the pores aren't as noticeable but still annoying.

post-121653-1269887480_thumb.jpg

post-121653-1269887494_thumb.jpg

post-121653-1269887480_thumb.jpg

post-121653-1269887494_thumb.jpg

Edited by jessdell

Your skin is beautiful compared to mine lol. I have the same problem, I am 19 and my pores are huge and sagging and I have fine lines all over my face that all crease when I smile. Plus I still have a crap load of active acne from a recent breakout, and I'm trying as hard as I can not to let them scar since obviously my skin is like an old person's and doesn't heal very well. Some damage has been done already though. Before the breakout, something that helped my pores was a copper peptide regimen. Now, even with me breaking out I'm trying everything I can get my hands on while still trying to be as gentle as possible. I'm keeping it moisturized and wearing tons of sunscreen every day to make sure the sun won't age my skin anymore.

i have skin like yours as well. fixing it consumes me, and i can't get my mind off it. i think i am going insane over this :wall:

i have been reading up on ala photodynamic therapy and micro-dermabrasion, maybe you should google those procedures and see what you can find. they sound kinda promising.

also have read that a raw foods diet can help, if ye have the self-discipline to do it.

along with starting a raw diet today, i am off to an appearance medicine clinic to see if they can help.

good luck to you.

if you think thats bad... then what have I got??

Your skin is pretty normal, i say normal in that lot of people have skin like this, and of course, there are others who have muc better skin, and thos elike me who have it much worse.

Your skin is fine, nothing wrong with it

While I appreciate that you might think it looks fine, these pictures don't really portray how bad it is, and regardless...while I know people have it worse, I've been dealing with acne for nearly half my life, and now that the big zits are starting to pass, it's extremely frustrating that I'm left with this. My friends and boyfriend have great, glowing skin. I'm extremely self-conscious.

I was thinking about Accutane, Retin-A, or Fraxel? I haven't read about the photodynamic, and I'll definitely look into it, but has anyone tried any of those three things? Or Vitamin B5? I'm desperate. Don't know what to do.

While I appreciate that you might think it looks fine, these pictures don't really portray how bad it is, considering it's not the worst light and I have on makeup and regardless...while I know people have it worse, I've been dealing with acne for nearly half my life, and now that the big zits are starting to pass, it's extremely frustrating that I'm left with this. My friends and boyfriend have great, glowing skin. I'm extremely self-conscious.

I was thinking about Accutane, Retin-A, or Fraxel? I haven't read about the photodynamic, and I'll definitely look into it, but has anyone tried any of those three things? Or Vitamin B5? I'm desperate. Don't know what to do.

if you are continueing to use the medicine or anything with alcohol or mineral oil i suggest you stop before it gets any worse. I think your skin is seriously in need of moisturizer, try using more moisturizer instead of cleaning products and you should be good.

also have read that a raw foods diet can help, if ye have the self-discipline to do it.

along with starting a raw diet today, i am off to an appearance medicine clinic to see if they can help.

good luck to you.

hey can you tell me what exactly you're talking about with the raw foods diet. i mean, i'm sure i've got a general idea, but is there a link to a list or something?

Skin looks identical to mine tbh. The must frustrating thing is there seems to be nothing you can do, at least when I had big spots I knew they'd one day pass or have some way of treating them. With pores like these the only thing you can do is keep moisturised and try to ignore it. Baby brush + jojoba will help I find, but nothing drastic.

oil and alcohol products make your pores bigger, overwashing the face can do it as well. With a oil-free alcohol-free acid-free bp-free lotion would help soften your inflammed pores. When pores get big like that they are irritated and inflame and look bigger than they should be. With proper moisture like in a lotion will shrink the pore size and allow the skin to heal itself and return to more smoother complexion

I'm 25, and my skin looks pretty much the same as yours. Over the years, the only thing that has really and dramatically reduced my pores and 'tightened' my face was Accutane. I've been on it twice, and my active acne has diminished greatly.

Nearly two years after coming off my second round, I get maybe 4-5 whiteheads a month, but my main problem is that my skin is incredibly oily, I have the gigantic, sagging pores that returned about 4 months off Accutane, and I have non-inflamed acne all over my jaw line (tiny skin-coloured bumps).

At first I tried to control the oiliness with all kinds of things - powders, alcohol toners, etc. It only made things worse! I think this also gave me my non-inflamed acne. :( After reading a lot about it, I stopped with everything drying.

Basically, large sagging pores signal that your skin isn't hydrated enough (it may also cause extra oiliness, caz your skin starts overproducing oil to compensate).

Your cleanser should be a non-drying gentle one, perhaps for sensitive skin (I use Eucerin),

If you use a toner (and you don't have to!) use a moisturising and non-drying one. Definitely free of alcohol, witch hazer, all harsh ingredients, etc. I've found it's best for my skin to skip a toner.

Definitely use some kind of hydrator under your moisturiser! Something that binds water to your skin, and your skin needs water! After washing my face, I don't dry it, I apply a liberal coating of Na-PCA spray.

And then, a non-oily moisturiser (I again use Eucerin for super-sensitive skin).

Basically you need to hydrate and moisturise like crazy! I saw a noticeable result with my regime in terms of pore-size in about two months. I've accepted that I won't ever have pretty poreless skin no matter how much time and money I spend on it, but it is damn better from what it used to be. :)

I'm also probably gonna add acne.org AHA lotion to my regime (as my evening moisturiser) to hopefully get rid of the non-inflamed acne, and exfoliate the outer layers of my skin, which again should help with pore size :)

omg your pores look exactly like mine, check out my thread. they are identical, its hard to find the correct lighting for the camera to capture your first picture's facial texture. i am also 20.

it seems like its impossible to shrink yours and my type of pore size to nearly invisible pores. but my question is, what caused this type of pore enlargement, i remember when i was 16 or so, my pores were not this huge.

i am a male, would females find this unattractive on a guy? if so, to what extent?

and i think large pores on a male who is well built like African male or white male will not affect their overall appearance. but i am asian, and not as big as the two, and asians are expected to have smooth baby skin since they look like they're in their 20s when they are in their 30s. does anyone agree with my thoughts?

Edited by ex - playa

At 20 my skin was completely flawless and now at 23 the pores on my face have opened leaving flaws all over my once perfect skin. I give up already on lifeeee. i hate it.

Jess,

have you ever had a salicylic peel?

I'm only 20 years old, but my skin makes me look 40. I've had acne since I was 12, and I'm afraid all the medicine has really taken a toll on me. I've got big creases under my eyes and huge pores. Thankfully when I'm inside it's harder to tell, but outside my skin looks miserable. I'm hoping they're only big because they're still clogged? Or there is scarring that can be fixed? Does anyone have skin like this, and can you please please tell me how to fix it? I'm desperate and willing to try anything--medicines, procedures, whatever. Would Accutane possibly help? I'm so sick of this skin.

The second picture is inside, where the pores aren't as noticeable but still annoying.

post-121653-1269887480_thumb.jpgpost-121653-1269887494_thumb.jpg

My pores are that huge and it also sags down. And i am only 17. -_-

i hope someone on this forum gives us an answer.

Wow talk about vanity. I would feel blessed to be all up in that face, because there is nothing wrong with it! Nothing at all! People have pores on their face. Watch a bluray movie on a 42 inch 1080p screen. Johnny Depp has blackheads in his nose all over the place. Watch the scene where he sniffs for the peanut in worlds end- the third pirates film. There is nothing at all wrong with your skin. Those pore are not saggy. Infact I'd say they are perfect. I would beg for a scan of those to make alpha brush textures for some of my 3d face models. It's all in your head from looking too close at your self in mirrors, hence vanity. You have nice features for a girl. I promise you no guy is ever going to say yeah but those pores man, I just cant... Come on... I can understand scars or really bad blackheads, but this face has nothing is wrong with it. Get out/over yourself. I would feel blessed to be with a chick with your complexion.

Edited by ulikethisface

Wow talk about vanity. I would feel blessed to be all up in that face, because there is nothing wrong with it! Nothing at all! People have pores on their face. Watch a bluray movie on a 42 inch 1080p screen. Johnny Depp has blackheads in his nose all over the place. Watch the scene where he sniffs for the peanut in worlds end- the third pirates film. There is nothing at all wrong with your skin. Those pore are not saggy. Infact I'd say they are perfect. I would beg for a scan of those to make alpha brush textures for some of my 3d face models. It's all in your head from looking too close at your self in mirrors, hence vanity. You have nice features for a girl. I promise you no guy is ever going to say yeah but those pores man, I just cant... Come on... I can understand scars or really bad blackheads, but this face has nothing is wrong with it. Get out/over yourself. I would feel blessed to be with a chick with your complexion.

Um. Alright. Not so much worried about what "guys" think. I'm in a happy relationship. It's personal. I have suffered with acne since I was 12 years old. I finally got the whiteheads to go away, but the blackheads never did. The dermatologist disagrees with you, as he prescribed me Retin-A, which seems to be helping somewhat. Thanks for your opinion, but no thanks. As I said, I couldn't get a good picture. If your idea of "helping" is telling me to get over myself, I suggest you do the same.

To everyone else, I'm on .05% Retin-A. I have been since the middle of May. It's made my face pretty red and dry at times, but it's manageable. I'm seeing my skin "purge" still, and that's kinda gross, but it is the first thing to help the blackheads. It's also starting to tighten my skin a little. Hopefully the pores will look better once all the gross stuff is OUT! Good luck to you all. :)

Edited by jessdell

My father's Gf recently Got laser skin treatment for her past acne and scar's , Results are AMAZING, It's costly but she got it for her own birthday present for herself, It's a several hundred dollars because of repeat visits.

Mine actually looks similar as well. Are you sure they're not depressed ice pick scars? I just assumed they were b/c they don't decrease in size when I wash my face with cold water.

My face is similar which has rapidly happened just this year when I developed acne after coming off the pill. My face isn't exactly "controlled" free of breakouts yet but to minimize pore appearance I use Eucerin moisturizers only (Q10 Anti-Wrinkl and Redness Relief Perfecting Lotion). To smooth out my skin I rinse my face at night with Chamomile tea which smooths out your skin and is effective. Not to help minimize pores and scars I am going to do a lactic acid peel. I am sensitive to salicyclic acid so I won't do that peel but if you aren't, it's a good starter. Glycolic is also beneficial. You can try buying these at a low percentage to start. I am starting with a 25% lactic acid peel. I might be able to make a new thread with some before and after progress work.