Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everybody, Ive had scars for a while but only till recently have i really wanted to do treatment for it. I hate the way it makes me feel and how it takes away my confidence around girls, specially preety ones. Please if anyone has had very good improvements on their scarring please let me know what treatments you did and how many. I posted up some pictures of my scarring to highlight it.Both cheeks are equally bad. Please any advise will be appreciated

Hey there...first of all im so sorry that your scaring affects your appearance and confidence. Many of us here experience this and come here for hope.

Firstly I would make sure you manage your expectations. Scars can be IMPROVED but rarely are these results significant. Also you must be prepared EMOTIONALLY for the many ups and downs on this journey.

Personally I have had very little success overall with scar treatment. Some subtle changes and the occasional good results, but all in all most if not all of the scar treatments out there are unpredictable and risky.

If your scaring is not severe I would always remember one thing -- what am I risking for the possible reward. It is very possible some treatments can make your scaring WORSE, so please keep this in mind.

Now for the treatments I cant confidently recommend anything if you are looking for significant improvement. If you want subtle change, differin, copper peptides are somethings mentioned around here. Albeit I haven't seen much change using these things myself.

Hope that is of some assistance !

Edited by ScarsPro

Hey everybody, Ive had scars for a while but only till recently have i really wanted to do treatment for it. I hate the way it makes me feel and how it takes away my confidence around girls, specially preety ones. Please if anyone has had very good improvements on their scarring please let me know what treatments you did and how many. I posted up some pictures of my scarring to highlight it.Both cheeks are equally bad. Please any advise will be appreciated

Id say my scrs are preety severe, i have like hundreds of little marks all over my cheeks as well as like 7 big scars from cycts, could you let me know what type of acne scars are the easiest to fix? icepick,rolling,......

I've heard good things about infrared lights (bloody expensive though!), I have an UV/infrared combo which worked wonders but have stopped using it because UV was damaging my skin too much, I now use 2% BHA, Green Cream, facial scrub and moisturiser.

Have a look on Google for 'Acne Infrared Light Therapy'.

Good luck :cool:

Edited by .co.za