Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyza

From clear skin to red marks everywhere within a week

Okay so I was clear. I couldn't never have been happier. I used to go out with confidence, girls checking me out, I was getting things done...basically having a life. Then what happened next will change my habits forever. I had a few tiny spots which were premature and quite itchy. I thought if I can get rid of them quick, they will fade quick and I will be sorted. So I picked them and tried to extract them prematurely. The spots swelled to like double or triple its size and left me with a sort of gash on my face. Which then formed into a scab and now left me with 5 huuge red marks which will probably take months to heal because I have PIH. So my skin was spotless and scarless to THIS. It feels rubbish but I HAVE to think of the positives because Im not going to let acne dictate my life. So the lesson learned was - DONT PICK YOUR FACE. I realised that all the spots that make me feel depressed are the ones that I pick prematurely...and I only realised this NOW after about 10 years of picking. If I never pick now for the rest of my life I think my wishes of clear skin will come true in a matter of months. So the moral of this story is - THINK OF THE POSITIVES AND DONT LET ACNE DICTATE YOUR LIFE.

Edited by Kyza

Yep...my mom always told me not to pick my skin when she saw me doing it, but never said why. Sure enough I found out =P Sucks.

Wow, you're going through the EXACT SAME THING I am! A couple weeks ago, I had a tiny itchy bump on my nose that probably would've gone away in a day. But I thought if I popped whatever was inside of it, it'd go away faster. One thing led to another, and I tore through my skin badly and ended up with a scab which fell off and left a huuuuuge red splotch right on my nose! Just a month ago, I was so happy because my skin was clearing up and my PIH was fading. Now I have a bright shiny new red scar. So I feel ya. Let's vow to never pick again! Seriously, this red splotch has left me SO depressed over the past few weeks...I've definitely learned my lesson. We can do it! It'll take a few months, but soon hopefully it'll fade to something barely noticeable :)

Let me know how your marks are fading! We both learned a valuable lesson. Let's keep our hands off our faces and our skin will thank us in the future :)

Edited by allysaurus

I think popping is fine, at least for my skin. The only time I've gotten red marks is when I keep picking at it while it's trying to heal.

I think popping is fine, at least for my skin. The only time I've gotten red marks is when I keep picking at it while it's trying to heal.

Popping is only okay when it has surfaced fully. Popping prematurely is a no-no.

yeah i was stressed out today and went hammer and tong at a few, now left red marks on what was doing ok.

i need to somehow find something else to relieve stress. but what :(

I have such fair skin..even if I don't pop the zit I'm still left with red marks. Of course my worst red marks are when I try to pop a zit prematurely...but every pimple I get leaves a mark no matter what. Joy to the world haha