Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScarsPro

My ~7 year experience with scar treatments

Hey guys I was wondering what new treatments are out there for scar treatment? I've tried so many that I just about gave up

this goal a couple of years ago -- the treatments out there dont really give you enough reward for the risks involved.

My Past Experiences:

Differin -- VERY minor difference...I would say it changed the texture of the scar but didn't do much else.

Microdermabrasion -- might aswell use a towel from the bath and scrub...absolutely useless

Needling -- ok results but messy and very slow. I'd have to question whether it was the needling doing the work or just the scar

improving with time?

Scar revisions -- for me this had huge differences.

TCA cross -- didn't work, did nothing.

Copper peptides -- good for skin tone and healing, not much else!

Zinc - helped heal scars somewhat, or maybe i was seeing things!?

So i'm still on this long journey...when will we ever get saviour from this horrible infliction!?

I am looking on the web and hearing about this stem cell based scar healing method? Could anyone fill me in?

Edited by ScarsPro

Hey guys I was wondering what new treatments are out there for scar treatment? I've tried so many that I just about gave up

this goal a couple of years ago -- the treatments out there dont really give you enough reward for the risks involved.

Past Experiences:

Differin -- VERY minor difference...I would say it changed the texture of the scar but didn't do much else.

Microdermabrasion -- might aswell use a towel from the bath and scrub...absolutely useless

Needling -- ok results but messy and very slow. I'd have to question whether it was the needling doing the work or just the scar

improving with time?

So i'm still on this long journey...when will we ever get saviour from this horrible infliction!?

I am looking on the web and hearing about this stem cell based scar healing method? Could anyone fill me in?

im curious as to how the differin changed the texture of the scar? what did it do exactly...

also you say you have had scar revisions that made a big difference...what scar revisions did you have done and which ones were the most effective?

Past Experiences:

improving with time?

im curious as to how the differin changed the texture of the scar? what did it do exactly...

also you say you have had scar revisions that made a big difference...what scar revisions did you have done and which ones were the most effective?

I'd rather not comment on my scar revision treatment as that for your doctor(s) to work out. You need to have pretty bad scaring for this to work mind you, or again you could be making something worse that is only very slight beforehand.

As for the differin...its pretty useless...it might have helped make it less dark/red abit quicker (but i'm not really sure). I'd say differen worked aswell as microdermabrasion. Its very superficial and is more for preventing acne than fixing scaring imo. I think I noticed more susceptibility for scaring after using differen which made me stop using it immediately (did not use it for a great deal of time).

Past Experiences:

improving with time?

I'd rather not comment on my scar revision treatment as that for your doctor(s) to work out. You need to have pretty bad scaring for this to work mind you, or again you could be making something worse that is only very slight beforehand.

As for the differin...its pretty useless...it might have helped make it less dark/red abit quicker (but i'm not really sure). I'd say differen worked aswell as microdermabrasion. Its very superficial and is more for preventing acne than fixing scaring imo. I think I noticed more susceptibility for scaring after using differen which made me stop using it immediately (did not use it for a great deal of time).

if you had a successful treatment for scarring, id like to hear it - even if its in a personal email. so many people here have wasted thousands of dollars on treatments that dotn work for them. unfortunately many doctors often are not hte best people to offer treatments and usually only offer what they have inhouse, even if its not the best option. what treatment did u have?

Past Experiences:

improving with time?

if you had a successful treatment for scarring, id like to hear it - even if its in a personal email. so many people here have wasted thousands of dollars on treatments that dotn work for them. unfortunately many doctors often are not hte best people to offer treatments and usually only offer what they have inhouse, even if its not the best option. what treatment did u have?

Yes its so sad there are lots of people out there taking advantage of us and our money. They promise the world and usually you get slight improvement if nothing at all.

I guess thats why I came on here...if only to save people money and heartache from unrealistic expectations, then my time is well spent.

I'll PM you abit later, re: scar revisions, as its personal and emotional so prefer to go indepth

over that medium.

Edited by ScarsPro

Past Experiences:

improving with time?

Yes its so sad there are lots of people out there taking advantage of us and our money. They promise the world and usually you get slight improvement if nothing at all.

I guess thats why I came on here...if only to save people money and heartache from unrealistic expectations, then my time is well spent.

I'll PM you abit later, re: scar revisions, as its personal and emotional so prefer to go indepth

over that medium.

im glad you feel that way....we need more people like that....sure ill look forward to your email :)