Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tj101

Perfect Complexion A-Peel Cream

Hey everyone,

I received a sample from Julie from perfectcomplexion.net of this new A-Peel Cream. The description seems wonderful, but I think it's got the same active ingredient as Retin-A, doesn't it?

Just wanted to know if any of you has tried it or what do you think about it? I would try it, but I'm so freakin' scared of using Retin-A or the like, it's the reason why I got scars in the first place.

Any info is greatly appreciated. smile.gif

She can't legally sell Retin-A because it requires a prescription and a pharmaceutical license.

I'm not sure it's Retin-A, there's just a reference to it.

BTW, have you tried it?

I just got the TCA complex from Julie and used it yesterday. so far nothing has happened. She also sent some other samples. I will update in a few days. :pray:

..hmm, you have to use it if you want anything to happen tongue.gif, just kidding. So didn't it sting when you used it, did your skin frost?

BTW, did you also get a A-Peel cream sample?

Does retin A cause scarring? ... I thought it was just the topical version of roaccutane (isotretenoin) - the oral alternative taken for 4 months-ish. To be honest, while using the retin A, I thought my skin was getting a bit brighter... on the downside, it made my skin really really dry! I remember one of the most embaracing moments I've ever had in university was when my face was so dry, it was slightly starting to peel... it was in class and another time when I was out with friends, Scary ... Stay hydrated + mosterised if you use retin a or the oral alternative.... or maybe just eat some cooked chop liver rich in vit A instead.

Yes, I'd say it's about a 50/50 chance. It either works or f's up you skin.

Before using Retin-A I didn't have a single scar. After using it, stupid me to treat very mild acne, I started getting pitted scars after zits went away.

Hi- the way I used it-

1. Cleanse and dry face

2. Using fingertips apply small amt of cream to your face on the areas you want to exfoliate. Stay clear of your eye, nose and other sensitive areas. The fumes from the cream really irritated my eyes. My skin is pretty tough so it took a few nights to actually see any peeling. Leave the cream on all night.

Let me know how it works for you. Julie

Hi ... anyone still using this cream?

Would like to find out more about using it and the results...I've just got the Apeel cream from Julie...Thanks!