Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jonesoobala

Good Skin Soon (Eddies Acne Log)

Years with acne: 5

Time on Dan's regimen: 9 months

So far so good. Yet I still suffer from occasional big red bumps and in general bad skin.

post-124362-1269311901_thumb.jpg

Morning:

• Fish Oil 1200 mg
  • Green Tea Extract 315 mg
  • Zinc 50 mg
  • Neutrogena Acne Prone Facial Bar
  • Dan's BP 2.5%

Night:

• Fish Oil 1200 mg
  • Neutrogena Acne Prone Facial Bar
  • Dan's BP 2.5%

I average 3 cups of naturally decaffeinated green tea a day.

I also average about 80 oz of water a day.

post-124362-1269311901_thumb.jpg

Are you doing the whole Regimen? You only have the BP listed, but the Acne.org Regimen is three steps: cleansing with a gentle, non-medicated cleanser, treating with 2.5% BP, and moisturizing.

Are you doing the whole Regimen? You only have the BP listed, but the Acne.org Regimen is three steps: cleansing with a gentle, non-medicated cleanser, treating with 2.5% BP, and moisturizing.

That's where my problem lies. My skin is sensitive and I'm afraid moisturizing will just create excess oil on my skin. I use it every once in a while, Dan's moisturizer. But I'm still fearful of any bad effects from it. It could be because the soap I'm using combined with the BP has done a near perfect job eliminating pre-existing pimples. You know what I mean?

If you're using a soap that contains BP in addition to the BP that The Regimen calls for, it really is important to moisturize at least once a day. It will help keep your skin balanced and healthy.

; )

[EDIT] Whoops, for some reason I thought I read that your cleanser had BP in it, but it just says that it's for acne-prone skin, which means that it's medicated, but that particular bar doesn't have BP in it.

Still, with a medicated cleanser and BP in your regimen, moisturizer is still important.

Be aware, though, that some of the ingredients in your cleanser are known to be comedogenic. Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, in particular, rates a 4/5 for comedogenicity.

If you're using a soap that contains BP in addition to the BP that The Regimen calls for, it really is important to moisturize at least once a day. It will help keep your skin balanced and healthy.

; )

I'll try a full application tonight... My nose is my fearful spot. Always worrying about the nose...