Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnechemist

My 30mg accutane log (Very original title, I know)

And wow, that's weird because I don't think I have any pictures with my drum kit in it... I just checked all of them and my drum kit appears in none of them! Accutane's giving you a sixth sense XD

Edit:

Never mind, found it lol

It's the accutane, probably affected my eyes so much now I didn't see it XD

Edited by acnechemist

I also heard the same thing about fish oil. I haven't ask my derm about yet (I am seeing him tommorow and I'll ask him and also tell you) but I am already taking fish oil.

Actually, it says: salmon oil(mmmm... :sick:) with vitamin E and selenium, which is awesome because I needed vitamin E too so it's great to have 2 in 1.

Oh, salmon oil (that's what she said, the pharmacist) is the best of all! ;)

Hmm I really have to think now, I think about 3-4 weeks into my treatment I got really dry-lips and some light headaches. Soon after that I had back aches several times and a couple of nose bleeds but it's not too bad!

Rjavolaska, thanks please let me know :D I'll ask my own dermatologist tomorrow as well and post the result here!

Edited by acnechemist

Updated and I just found out my dermatologist isn't actually that good DX

If you want to know why, read day 70 (04/10/2010) of my log.

I just read this page:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/High-Protei...50-100035.shtml

Apparently if you eat lots of protein it can reduce your acne? So right now, I'm making 1.5kg of beef jerky, LOTS of protein. See if that helps :D

Just wondering if anyone else has experiences with acne and high-protein diets?

Thanks (:

Edited by acnechemist

Hmm thanks, it's pretty interesting just doing some research on my diet you know :P

Am also wondering if getting extensions/cornrows in your hair while your on accutane is a good idea? I know accutane does thin the hair strands but is it really that bad?

Hahaha! Your dermatologist is funny! Then again I wouldn't want any of my doctors to be funny in THAT way :)

I am super busy, I will write a proper post later. Still, keep on writing, your log is great! :)

I asked my derm about fish oil, he said exactly this: "Of course, why not..." In a very doctor-like way (slowly and he sounded like it was logical).

So, now the only thing that I eat through the whole day is basically just - salmon oil.

Haha..no,no, but I take 2 capsules (they are HUGE) a day and I think it kind of helps with my back pain.

So, take it, but not too much! That's my advice. ;)

@Helios dude, my dermatologist sucks! I'm going to the UK during the summer and I'll get my skin checked there as well... I live in the middle east, and from my experiences the doctors here aren't very good... My mums even worried more now and wants me to quit taking accutane but I'd rather die XD so just continuing... I'll check your log for updates!

@Rjavolaska thanks for letting me know :D Salmon oil, I'll have to look into that and try it. I'll let you know my results! Thanks again! And good luck on your course!

Hmm that's interesting about the protein. I'm a vegetarian so I get a lot less protein now than I used to, but I didn't really notice any difference in my skin when I became a vegetarian 2.5 years ago. It didn't get any worse, I mean.

Thanks for stopping by my log!

I love your water bottle collage. And your skin is looking great from when you first started!

Lets hope theres no environmentalists who will kill you for using all those plastic water bottles :P

But seriously your skin is definatley improving!!

I've heard about the protein/acne diet too and noticed it with my brother. We've both had very similar acne, im 19 and hes 20. In the last year we both started minocycline (same dose and everything) but he also started body building, so drinking lots of protein shakes, eating beef jerky, tuna etc etc and his skin is 1000 times better than mine now!!

I don't know if its definatly the protein, because im thinking since he is a year older maybe its just his hormones calming down? or maybe the antibiotics are working for him and not me because everyone is different? but oh well, now i'm on accutane suffering from an IB while he is getting muscly and acne free! grr i thought we were in this together :wall:

Hope this helps!!

haha I was just thinking about that when I was putting them up :P I live in a country in which no one is environment friendly, everyone just dumps their thrash on the streets. You even see people opening the (car) window and literally throwing it out. DX.

Oh yeah, back to my acne :P I've just updated my log, been a while! I hope your IB is over yet! And I swear, do not stop because of the IB, just keep it going you will be very happy with your skin in a few months time and you can live your life! I hope you'll clear up soon!

Edited by acnechemist

Haha I'm sorry, I always assume no one knows where it is! If your around you can pass by for accutane chats anytime :P

Updated again, sorry been busy lately! I've been getting my life back = not at home as often anymore :P

Hey! How's going? Sorry that I haven't posted anything, been kind of busy.

First things first - Seems like you are having great parties there ;) I had a really good end of term party myself - lots of pictures like the one you posted, I'd say that even too many. Who said that you are not supposed to mix accutane and alcohol? ;) Got lots of compliments, but that's just because I am hyper when I go out. People actually think I am on drugs. I am not. It's just me. Really. :)

And your skin is getting better and better! I hope the self esteem follows. Don't let anyone handing out stupid leaflets change that!

So are you properly living in Oman? Or just studying there? Or having a looooo-ooo-ooong vacation? (very long, indeed) ;)

Hey! Sorry been busy with exams too! Just thought I'd quickly check on here before going to study hehe!

Haha well im not touching alcohol till I finish my accutane, did you have any? Im just paranoid bout my liver lol...

Bout the parties, yeah way too many :P I'll let you know when the next party so that we accutane people can party it up XD

Yeah am properly living here, have lived here most of my life and it's an okay country! not what you would expect it to be! Going to the UK for uni next year though, considering a gap year but not too sure yet.

What about you? Youre from the UK right? (Sorry if im wrong, im just assuming everyone on this board is XD)

Oh and i know i havent updated my log for a while, will try and do so today!

Wow, it has been a loooooooooooooooooooong time!

Anyways, I was talking to my girlfriend about my whole accutane story and she suggested I should put up a picture of me now :) To motivate you guys!

She still hasn't seen the pictures of me on this blog I just can't show her... yet... I will show them to her sometime though. I just don't want to be reminded of all this crap you know!

Oh yeah and about the girlfriend, shes very sweet, awesome, everything :D

She says she wishes we could have met earlier so that she could have supported me throughout the treatment... what kind of girlfriend is that :D

Anyways, check out the picture of me now! Good motivation to finish YOUR accutane treatment!

(Lol @ the water bottle collection in the background from my accutane treatment XD)

More pictures:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/867/img0926dc.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1436/img0941m.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7830/img0945jd.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5425/img4177q.jpg

post-125077-1291885059_thumb.jpg

Edited by acnechemist