Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Stu :-)

Breakouts from Whey Protein any1?

Just wanted to hear some thoughts and experiences with any of you lot that have or are taking the whey protein supplement? In other words does it cause you to have breakouts etc?

I would just buy a tub and experiment, but if it breaks me out on the first couple of scoops, thats wasted.

Thanks

Stu

i take whey protein daily and it doesnt seem to have any effect of my acne

i'd say some brands that contain larger amounts of lactose may cause some problems, because i've heard of people cutting milk out of their diet and seeing improvments, but i for more people i would say it would make no difference

ok guys, sounds good to me. ive tried that soya stuff and that didn't have any bad effect so theres (fingers crossed) a gud chance. Will see.

PAck on the muscle!!

I was using "Serious Mass" weight gain which contains whey protein and alot of other crap. For two weeks I was lazy and didn't take it at all. During those two weeks my body acne improved greatly with the combonation of B-5 and neutrogena body wash with SA. However, after those two weeks I took 3 scoops of it and the next day i noticed breakouts on my chest.

I am avoiding it for now. Maybe the added ingredients of a weight gain makes a difference.

I was using "Serious Mass" weight gain which contains whey protein and alot of other crap. For two weeks I was lazy and didn't take it at all. During those two weeks my body acne improved greatly with the combonation of B-5 and neutrogena body wash with SA. However, after those two weeks I took 3 scoops of it and the next day i noticed breakouts on my chest.

I am avoiding it for now. Maybe the added ingredients of a weight gain makes a difference.