Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jakeman

treating scars immediately after getting them

Okay, so I just got a new scar about two months ago. It's turning into a rolling scar, and the large red mark I can tell will be there for many months. I still have live acne. I plan on doing dermarolling when I no longer have acne, but I would break out if I did that now. So, I'm looking into light therapy. Here's my thought:

(RED) LIGHT THERAPY: This option will not work for scars that have resolved to their final state (unless dermarolling is used). Here is the plan - http://heelspurs.com/led.html. This page has very good light therapy info in general, but if you look 2/3 the way down the page, you will see a picture of a "halogen light therapy bed." $Cheap$ as heck to make. But, I think it could give expensive alternatives a good run for their money (ie LED Man). The electron transport chain is sped up (and thus ATP production) from more than just 660nm red light (actually, a whole broad spectrum). Using $5 500W floodlights (no UV), with focusing mirrors, could generate a massive amount of all good frequencies for our skin (there are no visible/IR bad frequencies). With water-filled pyrex, you could even eliminate the heat. So, in essence, you're getting all the beneficial frequencies (660nm included) at very high outputs - akin to laying in the sun w/o the UV.

Used in combination with a retinoid (to speed cellular turnover rate), I think this will improve resolution of this 'scar'. It can be used as an acne treatment too. It contains the critical 660nm wavelength, but also many other anti-inflammatory frequencies. What are your thoughts on the light treatment? Anything I'm missing? Any additional treatments (that can be used with live acne)?

Edited by Jakeman

Interested in this to. I'm wondering if treating a recent indent which is turning into a scar with say needling/dermarolling whilst it is steal healing would be a good idea and help the healing rate causing less of a scar?

Interested in this to. I'm wondering if treating a recent indent which is turning into a scar with say needling/dermarolling whilst it is steal healing would be a good idea and help the healing rate causing less of a scar?

i tried that once. actually what got me into needling in the first place! bad, deep indent from a cyst, started needling it straight away. the skin completely leveled out, but turned into a white scar. it's not bright white and probably not noticeable to anyone but me because i know what i did to that little area of skin.

I'm not suggesting needling at brand new scars. For most people (me included), if you are still getting scars, you probably still have bad acne. So, you can irritate and cause more scarring. I am suggesting a combination of retinoids for speeding cellular turnover and red light for increased metabolic activity and anti-inflammatory effects.