Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eazy D

Man... I think i have leaky gut syndrome

Ok..... I thinkkkkk i might have leaky gut syndrome. I have been doing alot research about the topic and it sound alot like me in multiple ways.

I have done a decent amount of searches for ways and methods on how to help cure leaky gut syndrome as-well but those are just a bunch of online web pages.

I rather hear the opinions here on acne boards. So what would you guys recommend for me to help deal with/cure this syndrome

Anything???????

I think I have a leaky gut myself, and online I've read that L-Glutamine and Zinc is some supplements to add to your diet to help with leaky gut. Also there's colostrum which there's a huge thread about on here. Probiotics and fiber should also be added

Other supplement that might help include EFA's, digestive enzymes and Aloe Vera juice

The main consern should be your diet and you should exclude foods that cause intestinal problems etc. Also leaky gut is closely related to candida so you should consider testing for that.

Edited by White Fox

Colostrum wouldn't be a good option in my opinion simply because it contains lactose

and we know that ain't good for acne one bit

The other two mention are good though, also diet exercise, you should detox the colon first that way everything you put in becomes more effective

also try not stressing that itself destroys the digestive system

just have a positive mentally

but yeah also look into candida

i found out i have that from a naturopath

Ive been treating it for the past two months

mad detoxing and everything its been working too my body has been healing better and everything

but stress has alot to do with it too.

Colostrum wouldn't be a good option in my opinion simply because it contains lactose

and we know that ain't good for acne one bit

The other two mention are good though, also diet exercise, you should detox the colon first that way everything you put in becomes more effective

also try not stressing that itself destroys the digestive system

just have a positive mentally

but yeah also look into candida

i found out i have that from a naturopath

Ive been treating it for the past two months

mad detoxing and everything its been working too my body has been healing better and everything

but stress has alot to do with it too.

Colostrum can work for some people. I take it daily with no adverse affects. There really isn't that much lactose in the stuff and depending on the brand, it's typically okay for people with lactose intolerance.

Colostrum is actually recommended for aiding with leaky gut - at least in most of the sources I've read. In mega high doses, it probably isn't wise, but I take 2 grams via capsules daily and combined with a mostly raw food diet, my skin has cleared.

I think I have a leaky gut myself, and online I've read that L-Glutamine and Zinc is some supplements to add to your diet to help with leaky gut. Also there's colostrum which there's a huge thread about on here. Probiotics and fiber should also be added

Other supplement that might help include EFA's, digestive enzymes and Aloe Vera juice

The main consern should be your diet and you should exclude foods that cause intestinal problems etc. Also leaky gut is closely related to candida so you should consider testing for that.

From my understanding of leaky gut syndrome (and I KNOW I have it), it is usually caused by food sensitivities. Although I use HCl to treat 80% of it, I am also trying to find the underlying food sensitivities.

I find it ironic that L-Glutamine is used to treat leaky gut syndrome because many people with Celiac Disease can NOT touch L-Glutamine. It isn't related to gluten, but large doses of Glutamine does cause a reaction in many Celiacs. Therefore, for those of you who are trying to heal your leaky gut syndrome and heal the little holes in your intestines caused by inflammation, I would not advise you to take L-Glutamine if you COULD have Celiac Disease.

It might be the same reason why many Celiacs cannot touch GMO corn. It just causes a reaction.

Edited by Dotty1

One of the symptoms of leaky gut syndrome is swelling aka edema. It can occur on the ankles or knees after being lightly hit or it can occur on the face around a zit when it is infected or inflammed.

I had HORRRRRRRIBLE inflammation. One zit would fill with pus and then it would swell up like a bee-sting. I also used to get swollen knees anytime I hit them as a child or if I ran or jumped too much on them. This is how I know I have leaky gut syndrome. Because the protein from my food was leaking into my bloodstream and water follows protein literally.

So have any of you who think you have leaky gut syndrome suffered from fluid retention in any way throughout your life? Whether it be around pimples (white clear liquid oozes out when it is squeezed) or in any other way?

One of the symptoms of leaky gut syndrome is swelling aka edema. It can occur on the ankles or knees after being lightly hit or it can occur on the face around a zit when it is infected or inflammed.

I had HORRRRRRRIBLE inflammation. One zit would fill with pus and then it would swell up like a bee-sting. I also used to get swollen knees anytime I hit them as a child or if I ran or jumped too much on them. This is how I know I have leaky gut syndrome. Because the protein from my food was leaking into my bloodstream and water follows protein literally.

So have any of you who think you have leaky gut syndrome suffered from fluid retention in any way throughout your life? Whether it be around pimples (white clear liquid oozes out when it is squeezed) or in any other way?

I was just wondering about my knees the other day. They get red and swell up after taking a shower. Maybe I just didn't notice this before. If this counts as a leaky gut symptom then I have about 85% of the symptoms.

I'm not sure about the fluid retention...

When I said 'fluid retention' I was referring to swelling because fluid fills and stays in an area (like knees) for 2-3 days. Sometimes it can stay for a week.

Interesting about your knees. :think:

Hey, I actually live 30 min away from you Easy ;) So if you want to chat about acne by phone or whatever, just PM me.

I dont know about the ankle/knee problem but I have had (white clear liquid that oozes out when i squeeze the pimples). Alot at that. Sometimes there is so more liquid that oozes out that it just drips down my face. Could this be related to the fluid retention idea????

I dont know about the ankle/knee problem but I have had (white clear liquid that oozes out when i squeeze the pimples). Alot at that. Sometimes there is so more liquid that oozes out that it just drips down my face. Could this be related to the fluid retention idea????

Yup, that is exactly what I'm talking about. That is what I had. And my infections would whelp up like bee-stings until I squeezed the liquid out because of the uncomfortable pressure buildup.

So I would say you have leaky-gut syndrome which is caused by protein leaking into the blood. You may have to lower your protein intake to lower the symptoms. I had to live on a protein-free diet for 1.5 years before I discovered HCl.

Edited by Dotty1

So I would say you have leaky-gut syndrome which is caused by protein leaking into the blood. You may have to lower your protein intake to lower the symptoms. I had to live on a protein-free diet for 1.5 years before I discovered HCl.

Dotty, you know I love you right? haha You are such a valuable resource into hidden causes of skin problems, BUT I gotta interject here.

First off you shouldn't be diagnosing some guy with leaky gut just based off a few messages back and forth. But then again we all tend to do that here, so I get it.

BUT to say leaky gut is caused by protein leaking into the blood is flat out wrong. Leaky gut is caused by a variety of factors such as; stress, gluten intolerance, candida etc. I could go on and on because many people get leaky gut in a multitude of ways.

I know your here to help, so I hope you don't take that the wrong way, I'd just hate to see this guy start doing all this stuff for something he may or may not have.

We are all different in our battle with acne; sure a couple people might have the same symptoms but that doesn't mean the same treatment will work for them; see Colostrum for more evidence on that.

----------------------------------------------

If you think you have leaky gut; go to a naturopath and get tested for it; there are a couple of good tests you can take that screen for candida, leaky gut etc. I love this board because it is filled with so much knowledge, but I do think there tends to be a new inventor of the wheel every week here and then the lambs follow on their bandwagon.

Here's two ways that naturopaths test for Leaky Gut and has been found to be very accurate:

http://www.leakygut.co.uk/testing.htm

Ignore the bottom part of skin prick testing for allergies; as its been verified from many people here that skin prick is a very inaccurate method. For that I think your better severed following Dotty's advice of going to Entrolabs for a gluten intolerance stool sample test.

http://undergroundwellness.com/blog/servic...der-gut-repair/

Look in the middle of the page at the Mucosal Barrier Screening Test.

PANIC

Panic, I am soooo open to any tidbits of information you have about leaky gut syndrome. I've been living with it for 2 years now and couldn't find ANY information about it (I didn't know the term "leaky gut syndrome") until I discovered HCl.

At first I thought I had some very rare condition that prevented me from eating protein and then I found many, many Celiacs live with it on a daily basis and don't even know what it is. Some of them retain up to 60 pounds of water in their bodies. Doctors are clueless. So I am entering into the leaky gut research from a very strange perspective. :wacko:

Edited by Dotty1

Panic, I am soooo open to any tidbits of information you have about leaky gut syndrome. I've been living with it for 2 years now and couldn't find ANY information about it (I didn't know the term "leaky gut syndrome") until I discovered HCl.

At first I thought I had some very rare condition that prevented me from eating protein and then I found many, many Celiacs live with it on a daily basis and don't even know what it is. So I am entering into the leaky gut research from a very strange perspective. :wacko:

Hey Dotty....Just a a couple of quick question about your HCL intake.

How many tablets a day do you take?

How many tablets do you take with each meal?

How many meals a day do you normally have?

I was just wondering because I read alot of your post regarding "BetaineHCL", and I have also heard alot of success stories when HCL is added to ones diet from a fair amount of addressees.

I must take 9-11 tablets of HCl with any meal that contains protein. But each person is different. Some people only need 5 tablets. Others need 2.

I eat very small meals all throughout the day (I've always done this since childhood --it isn't a regime). So I might have 4-5.