Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KNL71

Walgreen's Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream

Just wondering if anyone has tried Walgreen's Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream? I just bought some tonight. It was only $5.99 so that made me happy! The reviews I saw on makeupalley.com were all pretty good. But I wanted to know if anyone using Dan's regimen has tried it?

This is my 4th week on the regimen now, and I wanted to further improve my skin so I thought it was time to introduce the AHA. Plus, Dan says it's amazing and I believe him! I want to order Dan's AHA, but I decided to wait until I needed more BP so I'm not paying shipping costs twice.

If you're really keen on Danny Kern's stuff, check out his youtube videos, and look for responses on there, I'm sure you'll find something

I already know about his AHA, I was more so interested in seeing if anyone had tried Walgreen's AHA Face Cream while on Dan's regimen.

:rolleyes: In my opinion I wouldn't want to use different brands on my face. I think if you use some of his products that you should use all. Well thats what I'm doing because I want to have full results, and I have. I love all of his products they work wonders. I'm going to use his products for the rest of my life. It keeps your skin so silky soft its the best products on earth. My fiancee says his a genius which I may say too, because we have tried everything :think: for my face and no other product has gave me full results and my my skin so silky soft. :dance::dance:OUR WEDDING IS GOING TO BE PERFECT NOW :dance:

That why I was REALLY hesitant to buy Walgreen's AHA. But, I really wanted to try some so I decided to risk it. But I agree, it is probably better to use his products or ones he recommends. I think I'm going to buy his AHA. The Walgreens AHA is helping, but I think Dan's might work better. The good news is, my face didn't break out or anything from using Walgreens AHA. The thought of that happening scared the shit out of me. LOL

I agree with your fiancee, I think Dan is a genius! :razz: HAHA Congrats on your improvement! When are you getting married? That is very exciting! :dance:

Whats the percentage for Walgreen's Alpha Hydrox Face Cream?

Walgreen's AHA is 8%, where Dan's is 10%. I'm not sure how big of a difference the 2% is???

:rolleyes: In my opinion I wouldn't want to use different brands on my face. I think if you use some of his products that you should use all. Well thats what I'm doing because I want to have full results, and I have. I love all of his products they work wonders. I'm going to use his products for the rest of my life. It keeps your skin so silky soft its the best products on earth. My fiancee says his a genius which I may say too, because we have tried everything :think: for my face and no other product has gave me full results and my my skin so silky soft. :dance::dance:OUR WEDDING IS GOING TO BE PERFECT NOW :dance:

Hey just realized we are practically neighbors! I live in Cedar Rapids :)

That's exciting!! :) By celebrating two amazing moments on the same day, there will be a lesser chance your fiance will forget the date then for anniversaries! Good planning! LOL I love Vegas! I went several years ago and I would LOOOOOOVE to go back again.

Cedar Rapids and the surrounding towns is pretty big (big for IA that is haha). It's not as big as Des Moines, but I think the population including surrouding cities and CR is around 250,000.

But I'm assuming the Walgreens AHA costs less?

Sorry for the questions but do you think this is a good substitute for Dan's AHA?

http://www.neotericcosmetics.com/product-details.aspx?iid=67

its Glycolic Acid 10% and 6 Oz just like Dan's AHA. And the PH is just 4. :/ oh and its a lot cheaper.

Actually that product is the one that Dan recommends if you aren't using his. So, I'd have to say it is pretty good! :) I haven't tried it but would like to. I don't know where you can get it though? I know it's online but I was hoping to find it in a store somewhere.

I was just looking at the Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion again and I noticed two of the ingredients in particular (Myristyl Myristate and Cetearyl Alcohol) are VERY pore clogging. According to several websites I was on, myristyl myristate is rated a 5 for pore clogging, and 5 is the worst. Cetearyl Alcohol is rated a 4. This is on a scale of 1-5, 1 being the least pore clogging and 5 being the worst for clogging pores.

So, I'm suprised Dan recommends that product? I decided not to get it and instead ordered Dan's AHA last night. The reviews for Alpha Hydrox are pretty good, but I don't want to risk it and break out.