Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arya

please help! getting painful nodular acne along jaw line

please, i need some advice. i've had acne for 8 years now...started of with severe cystic acne and i've taken everything from antibiotics, to lasers, to birth control, and even two rounds of accutane. at one point it helped, though it didn't go away completely...

it's been about 4/5 months now, i have been getting really painful nodular acne, along my jaw. first started off on the right side and now it's also on the left. i don't think i've ever had nodular acne before (everything else, yes but not this kind) no matter what i do, it doesn't seem to go away and in fact it is getting worse and i am getting really desperate.

i was thinking about going on accutane once more, but this will have been my third time. i am reluctant to go on it again, because let's face it, it's not really the 'softest' medicine. even though i didn't get very bad side effects the last two times, i am sure it's not exactly the best thing for my body, that is why i'm so reluctant. PLUS, it's not like it would be my first time - who knows what will happen after the third round?

i just wanted to know if anyone could give some advice/tips on what i should do next? is it okay to go on accutane a third time? how many times have you been on it? is there any other method/medicine to get rid of nodular acne?

many many thanks in advance.

How's your diet? I got that type of bump when I ate junk food and dairy.

Are you taking any supplements? Evening primrose oil (500 mg + of GLA per day) may also help.

moisture REALLY HELPS those deep deep feeling acne, try the moisturizer i use in my profile

Edited by lareznar

moisture REALLY HELPS those deep deep feeling acne, try the moisturizer i use in my profile

thank you for your advice and help. i will try all those things you mentioned. thank you once again!! i really appreciate it.