Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ally00

Doxycycline 100mg

Hello Everyone!

I just started on Doxy today, hopefully i see results soon!

Im super stressed, I avoid mirrors :cry:

I work in a clean room, and Im super embarrassed that people have to see my ugly face!!! I cant even hide it, my friends don't understand!! fuckers have perfect skin lol

Has anyone experienced good or bad results??

Please help!!! :(

Hello Everyone!

I work in a clean room, and Im super embarrassed that people have to see my ugly face!!! I cant even hide it, my friends don't understand!! fuckers have perfect skin lol

I tried doxycycline and it didn't do anything for me. I had to be sure to take with food, otherwise it made me really sick feeling. It was awful. Anyways, I'm taking spironolactone now and find it is more effective for me (also doing dan's regimen). But, everyone is different so antibiotics may work for some and not for others. My acne is more hormonally related, which is why the spironolactone is more effective at treating it. Hopefully the doxycycline will work for you. Best of luck to you!!! :D

Hello Everyone!

I tried doxycycline and it didn't do anything for me. I had to be sure to take with food, otherwise it made me really sick feeling. It was awful. Anyways, I'm taking spironolactone now and find it is more effective for me (also doing dan's regimen). But, everyone is different so antibiotics may work for some and not for others. My acne is more hormonally related, which is why the spironolactone is more effective at treating it. Hopefully the doxycycline will work for you. Best of luck to you!!! :D

Thank you for the feedback!! :D

Ahh hopefully this works for me, if not ill be sure to ask my doctor about Spironolactone..

Best of luck to you too!!! ;)

took 150 mgs for about 3 months. It got worse before it got better during the 1st month. The next 6 weeks were good. Cleared up very nice. Then I guess my body got use to the pills and it didnt work no more.

I took them a month post accutane and it helped SO much, my skin was fairly active then, but it calmed the storm down

Hopefully it stayed that way :)

And so far it has been working for me, Today is a week!!

I hope it keeps working :):dance:

doxycycline works well but u got to stay on the course even when your skin starts to break out. You are going to look worst for a little but then your skin will start clearing up. I went through a bunch of antibiotics like tetracycline and minocycline but doxycycline gave the best results (I was actually clear for like a year after until my shit became superrr worst and I had to go on accutane).

good luck on your course. you will probably feel sick taking these meds though. i had to take them on a empty stomach and oh boy - it feels like your car sick. stick with it though, it will work :)

Edited by ToanWLOHA