Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well after much research and reading the forums all day on this i have finally decided to take the B-5 megadose plunge: Here is where i ordered from for it was the best deal i found along with getting a B-100 complex to take with it:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SW065/ItemDetail?n=0 (10 bottles)

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SW056/ItemDetail (1 bottle)

Got a 4 month supply for just over 100 dollars. Not bad at all.

Anyways my acne history as many of you know from all my rants on here has always been around mouth and on chin. I get an occasional one on my back or cheeks near nose, but chin and mouth have been persistant last few years. My skin gets oily as the day goes on and my hair really gets oily within 12 hours. Tzone stays oily even if i use moisturizer.

I have tried topicals, diets, and anitbiotics to no avail. I was recently denied accutane as well, since my case is mild, but can be moderate at times. Anyways im hoping if i can stop the oil production that my acne will finally stay away, but it doesnt hurt to try this and is way safer than accutane is. It should arrive in about a week so can not wait to get started. Only thing im dreading is the constant intake of all the pills throughout the day but if it means clear skin again, i wont have a problem at all.

I was going to just order pantethine instead of B5, but after talking with others and reading more logs and forums, i found that ppl had better success with just B5 than pantethine.

Well i am open to anyones thoughts, opinions, past experiences on here as well, please feel free to chime in as i always welcome everyones thoughts here! Till then i will be awaiting day 1 of when it arrives. :pray: it works.

Edited by JayQ

Hey JayQ good to see another method. Make a log bro and i will follow it, cos u deserve some break after the colostrum episode.

Anyway, im just posting to ask you if you know about taking cysteine with panothenic acid? If you haven't, its worth looking into and an interesting read. Heres some links to check out if u wanna.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Try-The-New-Acne-C...ented-For-Years

http://hubpages.com/hub/Acne-Cure-Guarantee

Good Luck Jay!

Hey JayQ good to see another method. Make a log bro and i will follow it, cos u deserve some break after the colostrum episode.

Anyway, im just posting to ask you if you know about taking cysteine with panothenic acid? If you haven't, its worth looking into and an interesting read. Heres some links to check out if u wanna.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Try-The-New-Acne-C...ented-For-Years

http://hubpages.com/hub/Acne-Cure-Guarantee

Good Luck Jay!

Hey thanks Aussie! Ya i am still taking colostrum every morning too, i figure even if it is not the root of my acne problem it cant hurt still taking it.

I plan on for now just taking the B5 with the B complex, and if it does get me clear then i will look at substituting the cysteine with the B5 while lowering the doses.

I would be very carefull with this Jay...

alot of people reported hair loss and balding with megadosing of B5.

I would be very carefull with this Jay...

alot of people reported hair loss and balding with megadosing of B5.

I plan to be, i am going to start of slowly like at 2g or so for a bout a week and then slowly increase it. Most from what i read with people with brittle hair or hair loss they were not taking a B-Complex. If it comes to where i notice my hair starting to go then i will lower the dose even more or eventually stop. I am hoping that is not the case.

@ hesitation: i am sorry that this did not work out for you, and thanks for the response! I am hoping that this will not be the case for me but i wont find out till i try it out, dont wanna leave any stone unturned in my search for being acne free.

I've been reading the huge b5 thread (currently on page 50 of 90ish) and I think I'm also going to try b5. Good luck and I'll be checking this thread often ^^

I've been reading the huge b5 thread (currently on page 50 of 90ish) and I think I'm also going to try b5. Good luck and I'll be checking this thread often ^^

Well when i got home from work today i found the 7LB box outside my door and all inside of course was all the pills that i ordered lol. I opened it up and i felt like a fn drug addict, never seen so many damn bottles of pills all at once lol wow. Kinda felt sad about it, reminded me more of the shit i try and go through to get clear :wacko:

Anyways i plan on starting tomorrow morning and it will consist of this:

1 x 500mg B5 in morning

1 x B-100 Complex in morning

1 500mg B5 in the evening

I plan on doing that for the first week, basically 1g of b5 (actually 1.1 because the complex has 100mg of pant acid in it too), then according on how my body is reacting or if i am noticing no changes then i will up it to another gram - 2g for the next week. I will go up to about 6 grams at least and depending on how i am reacting those weeks will determine if i go all out to 10 grams.

I have 2500 pills lol, so i have a lot to experiment with before i decide if this is gonna work for me or not. Should be getting my emu oil in 2 days as well so i can try that out as well.

So wish me luck, it begins tomorrow. Oh the complex pills are Horse Pills too, gonna be hard to get those suckers down. :mad:

Edited by JayQ

Is your skin pretty oily then? As I'm reading through the b5 thread some people have suggested it will not work for people who's skin isn't over oily, and mine isn't. So I'm not sure if this is for me or not.

From what i thought, Pantothenic acid is essential in the production of Co-enzyme A....Pantenine being the direct precursor. The Co-enzyme A then acts on the the triglyceride levels in your oil and sebum which is around like 20-30% i think, maybe more. So this changes the viscosity of your sebum and oil and the amount produced. So yes, it should help with oiliness but it should help with sebum levels as well.

This is what i read a while back so it could be wrong but it also explains why weight loss is common among B5 users. Hey Jay i thought 3g was the starting point.

From what i thought, Pantothenic acid is essential in the production of Co-enzyme A....Pantenine being the direct precursor. The Co-enzyme A then acts on the the triglyceride levels in your oil and sebum which is around like 20-30% i think, maybe more. So this changes the viscosity of your sebum and oil and the amount produced. So yes, it should help with oiliness but it should help with sebum levels as well.

This is what i read a while back so it could be wrong but it also explains why weight loss is common among B5 users. Hey Jay i thought 3g was the starting point.

@jay326- My skin is not extremly oil but more of a combination type oily/dry but my head and scalp gets extremely oily and always has within 12 hours, i have to wash my hair day and night or its oily. My acne is in tzone only and that is where the oil is especially on inner cheeks, not so much the chin though where i breakout the most, but we will see.

@aussie- Yes it was the starting point but the more i read about potential brittle hair and hair loss i am going to take it slow to try and avoid that and know where my bodies limits to it is, i def do not want acne and hair loss too, ill go fn insane! lol I hope i dont lose weight thou since i a

m still trying to gain weight.

Alot of my take and insight on it is on the basic principle of acne formation blocked pore-increased sebum levels that feed bacteria therefore creating the lesions. Stop the increased flow of sebum and decrease the severity and amount of inflammation in which i develop.

Edited by JayQ

DAY 1

Well no significant changes of course, only change as epected is my urine, its so bright yay! lol

Still will remain on this dosage for first 7 days. Then i will report weekly unless i see something significant to report. Will be using with the emu oil too that should be here friday just in time to try it out during the weekend which will be nice hopefully.

Current acne right now is 2 healing pustules on cheek, and two forming ones on chin and of course all the glorious red marks from previous ones. I look so awesome <sarcasm> lol.

Current dosage: 2 x 500mg B5/1 x B-100 Complex

Edited by JayQ

Why not start from high doses?

Because of the possible hair loss. I def do not want that, i love my hair :P I figure easing into it will be much better anyway. Will take longer yes, but i couldnt deal with hair loss and acne too yikes!

I did the B5 regimen a long time ago but what I remember is that only those who did not take a b-complex supplement had problems with hair loss.

Plus you'll probably have a lesser chance of an initial breakout if you work your way up instead of going straight to 10 grams. By the way Jay, could you put a link to the one you bought?

Plus you'll probably have a lesser chance of an initial breakout if you work your way up instead of going straight to 10 grams. By the way Jay, could you put a link to the one you bought?

I did in first post;)

@ hesitation - I know i read that too, but i like to play it extra safe;)

Ah right. That's not useful for me then, for some reason I thought you went for the powder version. I'm trying to find a good powder that has everything I need.

Ah right. That's not useful for me then, for some reason I thought you went for the powder version. I'm trying to find a good powder that has everything I need.

Well they say the powder is really bad tasting and a lot of people had trouble stomaching it down. So if you got a weak stomach to bad tastes i wouldn't advise it, but if you dont go for it!!

I do have a really weak stomach but at the same time pills aren't an option for me and I REALLY wanna try this, so that leaves me with the powder.

I am trying B5 again for the 2nd time. The first time I had to stop about 2 months in. My pills should be here Monday. Wish me luck!!!

Well they say the powder is really bad tasting and a lot of people had trouble stomaching it down. So if you got a weak stomach to bad tastes i wouldn't advise it, but if you dont go for it!!

I used the powder form. It's really nasty, but I've had worse.

:) after leeching here for a couple years im finally starting to post yay! Anyways, little backstory I've had acne since beginning of high school, tried proactiv and other over counter products, nothing worked. Then i tried finally went to the derm (parents got insurance) they gave me cetaphil and differin, didn't work and my derm said that it was more than likely something wrong inside of me, and gave mea presrciption of Solodyn, tht stuff worked amazing completely cleared in about a month, but when i had no health insurance it wasn't an option.

So i searched the board and found b5 posts, start megadosin and it worked! started with about 2g a week and built up to 10 to 15g a day, mainly on the lower end, cleared up completely in about a couple months.

Then i just maintained with a 3g a day dose for 2 years. Just recently decided to get off since im goin to get into the military and basic is coming up. Big mistake within 3 months my skin was horrible again. But im goin to start again in a couple days, i have 3 months till basic so i want to clear up before then.

Anyways i do want to note, the pills worked like crap for me. I went with 1fast400 powder and it was awesome. Also suffered one side affect witch was diarrhea every once in a while, but i think if you eat accordingly it can be overcome. Anyways i'd love to hear your progress and will soon post my own log once i start again.

Good Luck