Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hesitation

Coconut milk (not oil)

Is coconut milk as good as coconut oil? I couldn't find the oil, so I bought the milk...

Would it be a smart idea for someone with a leaky gut/candida/digestive problems bring that into his diet? I'm just being cautious as I don't know what's wrong with me exactly. I know that I have problems with the digestive system, so I am currently on a vegan diet and experimenting with various foods?

Edited by hesitation

Yes, coconut milk is fine for candida diet. Coconuts are a great source of capric/caprylic acid and lauric acid, which are known to combat candida.

I use one can of coconut milk each day in my anti-candida regimen(see signature). I prefer to use it in a smoothie side by a solid meal or sometimes I just fry chicken and add vegetables and coconut milk which is also great.

Edited by White Fox

Interesting, so it's not only used for desserts. Will definitely try it tomorrow. I have two versions, one is thick and the other one has more water in it and is more like a liquid. Although it feels like it has a lot of sugar in it that would possibly feed the candida?

I use one can of coconut milk each day in my anti-candida regimen(see signature). I prefer to use it in a smoothie side by a solid meal or sometimes I just fry chicken and add vegetables and coconut milk which is also great.

Coconut milk is amazing.

I just had some in a curry for dinner youll love it

and super healthy.

Make sure you find a good brand mine has just coconut, water and guar gum.

Its organic and from thailand :)

Mine is from thailand as well. I just opened the extra cremy one. Boy was that good! Poured it on my fruits salad.

Coconut milk is amazing.

I just had some in a curry for dinner youll love it

and super healthy.

Make sure you find a good brand mine has just coconut, water and guar gum.

Its organic and from thailand :)

It's hard and expensive to find a quality milk in a safe can. And no, it isn't as good as the oil. You can also try dried coconut unsweetened of course. See the coconut thread in the pinned fodd and recipe thread. Also the drink recipe thread for how to use dried coconut to make your own milk, then use the pulp to make pancakes or something.

If you're getting fresh, raw coconut milk, which would be an unpasteriuzed blend of the meat and the water of the coconut, it is amazing for skin. I often have some fresh coconut milk when I can afford it, as it's very expensive, to get in some necessary saturated fats and for it's skin benefits. When I have a bad breakout or am feeling a bit mentally fuzzy, coconut milk really helps and has so many essential electrolytes.

Be careful of any coconut milk not in a can. Most of the bottled ones (near the dairy milk) contain carageenan, guar gum, or xantham gum which can cause horrible indigestion :P