Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
charles710

I have a question about accutane

People on yahoo answers dont answer my question seriously so im going to ask you guys. Im 20 years old and have been on solodyn for 7 months. It has worked great and I dont get alot of pimples. Today I went to derm and he said that my acne was stubborn and accutane might be the only cure if I want clear skin. I agreed and starting tommorrow I will begin accuatne i think the dose is eiether 20 or 30 mg. My question to you is I heard that there is an innitial breakout. As of right now i only have about 2 very small pimples on my face. Do you thik I will get this breakout for 2 months or however long it lasts? Is it the accutane that causes it or the fact that it takes a while to start working and your not suppost to wash your face with cleansers? I am confused. My skin will scar when i get a big pimple and that wouldnt make me happy. Girls have finally started to go on dates with me after 5 years of hell. Just wondering if you guys could help me out now that i have givin you my infomation. What am I in for? I just want clear skin like everyone else.

Hi!

I am depressed as hell coz i had severe acne and was put on isotrtinoin. i HAVE COMPLETED 6 DAYS AND NO IMPROVEMENT. Infact i feel my whole face more RED and inflamed than before. Earlier i could atleast cover up with make up but now with all the peeling and dryness and pustules i cant even put make up..i hope its only a temporary phase and il sooon get clear skin..

im sure you will :] im looking for someone that can tell me maybe my chnaces of getting that innitial breakout. I used to have bad acne like 2 years ago it goes away i promise you just have to wait

People on yahoo answers dont answer my question seriously so im going to ask you guys. Im 20 years old and have been on solodyn for 7 months. It has worked great and I dont get alot of pimples. Today I went to derm and he said that my acne was stubborn and accutane might be the only cure if I want clear skin. I agreed and starting tommorrow I will begin accuatne i think the dose is eiether 20 or 30 mg. My question to you is I heard that there is an innitial breakout. As of right now i only have about 2 very small pimples on my face. Do you thik I will get this breakout for 2 months or however long it lasts? Is it the accutane that causes it or the fact that it takes a while to start working and your not suppost to wash your face with cleansers? I am confused. My skin will scar when i get a big pimple and that wouldnt make me happy. Girls have finally started to go on dates with me after 5 years of hell. Just wondering if you guys could help me out now that i have givin you my infomation. What am I in for? I just want clear skin like everyone else.

It sounds like you dont have severe acne, i've never had bad acne either, just stubborn mild acne so I was put on accutane too, and I never experienced an initial breakout (I never actually experienced any side effects from it) I guess its different for everyone, but from different posts that Ive read it seems the initial breakout is more common in people who have severe acne, so I wouldnt worry too much about it, im sure you'll be fine. Good luck!

HI!!!!!!!! I started accutane 2 weeks ago...and at the time I started, I probably had like 5 pimples on my face ( I was kinda at a good plateau)....NOW ( 2 weeks later)..my FACE HAS EXPLODED....and IM VERY DEPRESSED...I have been told to be patient and that it gets worse before better...I have been struggling with acne for several years..and my derm said this is my only chance....Its the "miracle" drug.....SO MY ADVICE I GUESS IS TO GO WITH IT...it may mean permanent clarity...however...please be prepared to break out.......most people do :)...BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!