Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Girl_least_likely_to

I know what my trigger is...but I can't do anything about it

I believe that it is my makeup...I dont put any makeup on my forehead and it is clear as anything...flawless!

my cheeks, I have to plaster with makeup because it is a vicious circle...if I don't my bad skin will show and I wouldn't be able to leave the house.

I use the mineral based maybelliene foundation...I don't know what else to do.

I have to leave the house as I go to university and I do like to see my friends!

If only I could go on a desert island somewhere for a few months and see no one :( I bet it would clear up!

Are you sure it's the makeup? Some people break out in certain areas but not others - I don't really get much acne on my forehead either.

Personally I wear makeup every day (I'm male, heh) and I don't think it has any effect on my acne.

But if you think your makeup is causing problems maybe try another brand. Every Day Minerals, Lily Lolo and Urban Decay make good mineral makeup.

Hya,

i had the same issues before I lost my makeup bag and decided the world would have to just deal with my face :cool:

I found not removing my make up properly at the end of the day would cause me to break out. Maybe you could take a closer look at the products you use and the amount of time you currently take to properly remove all traces before going to bed?

Also If you use any products in your hair, changing your pillowcase every other night (swapping the pillow around so you always sleep on a clean side) will help loads too.

Might you be willing to get a spray tan on your face & body then go without using foundation make-up for a few weeks to see if there was any improvement..?

Good luck with it all

Hmmm....I have always used makeup perhaps it is lying on that side then...not sure how I'm supposed to control it when I sleep though cos I move around alot in my sleep.

Thanks for your help though guys, really appreciate it

you should try clinique.. heavy coverage but won't make you break out. and like the other person said ALWAYS change your pillowcase. do it every night

and make sure you dont leave your make up on ALL DAY unless youre going out or w/e. i only wear make up when i go to school and when i get home i wash it off

edit* wait you said you use maybelline.. honestly that stuff sucks. dont get the drugstore crap they will do nothing but break you out. go to the mall and get clinique or lancome.. oh btw you look good in your pic. u have phenomenal skin

Edited by hellstorm

Guest Chrisâ„¢

It won't kill you to go awhile without makeup. I'm pretty sure makeup clogs pores pretty badly, which causes acne. Maybe you could go a week or something without makeup just to test your theory. Or like others have said, try a different brand, maybe something lighter.

First off im a guy, but I recently found a pretty good concealer that is designed specifically for covering acne. I think its called Physicians Formula, it has a green side and a skin tone side. The green helps cancel out red and it does a pretty good job at hiding even really big red pimples. I use it because it says that it is non-comedegenic and it wont cause ace and so far it hasnt. If you're looking to cut back on makeup, try using something like this for awhile. It will you let you hide acne without having to cover your whole face with foundation. I just put it on my breakouts and kinda blend it in. It hasnt caused any more pimples and it has really helped my self esteem. When I put it on and look in the mirror I can't even tell where the zits are. This has also helped me to stop picking because I dont feel the need to hurry up and pop every pimple I get to try to make it go away.

Give it a shot, its kinda the best of both worlds for you problem. You can hide your pimples without makeup and foundation. lemme know if it helps!

I used maybelline mineral makeup and it broke my face out severely. I have cystic acne along my jawline and neck. The rest of my face is virtually clear. I rarely get break out on the rest of my face. However, that make up broke my face out all over. Try the dream matte mouse they make. I have had good results with it. Also if you are like me and love mineral makeup, and can afford it try bare minerals. It has a 30 day money back guarantee. I have used it for 2 weeks and noticed much less flare up and irritation.

Also another tip, I wash my makeup brushes once a week with the same cleanser I use on my face (i use the purpose brand cleanser from Johnson and Johnson).

I use an excellent dermatologist who told me with a good makeup, it can protect your skin. We are less likely to touch our face when we wear makeup too. My face actually gets worse when I don't wear makeup. I tried two weeks without it. I think I stressed so much over how I looked, that I broke myself out.

I've had that island thought too!!

"If i could just go on a vacation alone where noone knows me for a month and stop using makeup and everything else I use on my face".... I'm sure my skin would be relieved and I could find out once and for all if my makeup is a problem..

But I have school and a boyfriend and an internship and I can't make it a day without makeup. I probably haven't gone out without makeup in 5 years, except to go for a run through my neighborhood.