Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dbirdrm

never this bad. nothing is working!

Hi im 17 and i once in a while i might a a few pimples but nothing really bad. I was using netrogena 3 step for a while then i started to breakout a little so i switched to acnefree severe about 2 months ago. my breakouts got worse till about 2 or three weeks ago. now all the pimples have stayed in the same spot and i havent really gotten any new breakouts. they just keep coming to a whitehead popping growing another whitehead or drying up and then after a shower or something remain red. i've been drinking a ton of water and eating healthy for 2 months and have seen no improvement. been washing my teeth with baking soda since my acne is only around my mouth. i've tried lemon juice, baking soda masks. nothing is working. this is ruining my life what should i do! should i stop using acnefree and go back to neutrogena which is Salycic acid. right now i've been showering in morning with warm-hot water then doing the first three steps of acnefree and a little moisturizer. then usually when i get home from school i will ice my face for like a couple minutes at a time and some days i do a baking soda mask for 30minutes. then at night i shower do another 3 steps to acnefree moisturize. and tried lemon juice a few nights but saw no results. i dont know what else to do.

post-123443-1266956633_thumb.jpg

post-123443-1266956680_thumb.jpg

post-123443-1266956633_thumb.jpg

post-123443-1266956680_thumb.jpg

Edited by dbirdrm

Hey there. It seems like you're trying your best with topical products and lifestyle changes.

From the look of it, in my opinion, you need to consider starting a course of antibiotics, either topical or internal. At your age, I guess hormone imbalance is fuelling the acne, so hopefully in time that will settle.

You should talk to your doctor about this and see what he/she recommends.

Good luck buddy.

nt

Well you seem to be doing a lot. You said before you usually don't get a lot of pimples? You might be aggravating your skin by doing too much. I my experience if I get a bad breakout and try to combat it by bumping up my treatment or trying a whole new treatment, sometimes it aggravates my skin and makes it worse.

Also another thing to remember is results aren't instant. Sometimes you might be stuck with crappy skin for a while until it passes. Goodluck. Go see a derm if things don't improve.

Forget the acne, what you need to work on is rooting for a better baseball team! :lol:

haha but for real, I'd suggest going to a dermatologist. I spent a lot of time trying to clear my acne with various over-the-counter products with limited success. After being on benzamycin for about 2 months now, my skin seems to finally be under control (*crosses fingers*).

P.S.: Go Yankees.

Buck up lil trooper. I suggest you go to the derm and have him put you on some antibiotics for a short while. While you are taking these antibiotics for about ONE MONTH OR SO use dans regimen. Start with bp once a day work up to two until you are clear.

I would try using the acne free regular one, its more gentle and your acne is not severe. I would just use that one product and only that. There is no need to ice your face and be sure you're only washing 2X per day.

Edited by callmeamack

First of all, the severe system is probably aggravating your skin more than anything else. It combines a daily dose of Retinol with a 10% BP treatment. That's pretty harsh! The cleanser and toner have probably a quarter of the skin healthy ingredients that the regular system's cleanser and toner have, so that doesn't help any either.

I would recommend switching to the regular system if you're wanting to give an acne system a go. As I mentioned earlier, the cleanser is 2.5% BP. The treatment is 3.7% BP. The cleanser and toner both have ingredients that are good for your skin such as aloe, vitamins, oatmeal, licorice, and avocado. There's no Retinol in the mix, either.

Make sure you are using a non-clogging, non-drying moisturizer as well. Alcohol, wax, and oils are all common ingredients in moisturizers that can make your acne worse. You know how your face feels a while after being washed where it isn't oily and isn't dry but feels just right? That's how it should feel after applying moisturizer.

I hope this helps!

"This is something I typed up that im posting to everyone who needs help. I can POST this because I've been there and done that. I have had bad acne and can still get it if I don't follow my process. Right now im clear. A few here and there but for the most part, i have found the treatment for me. You should try it too. I am going to make a detailed thread with statistics and why Apple cider vinegar organic works. There's a few other things I buy at walgreens which only costs me like 11 bucks, but its worth it. Look for my thread later. I will post it in severe and mild acne boards. For now read this, check out that website."

Truth is, you can't heal it. It has to heal it's self over time as you grow older. BUT, you can treat it, just like everyone else. Here is an article talking about a natural organic product Apple Cider Vinegar Organic. *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

Take a look, and go try it. It's about 4.85 at Kroger or whatever store is near you. Apply it twice daily to the entire skin. Once in the morning, and once before bed. Just be sure to wash your face off if you are going to do something that involves sweating, it can leave a horrid odor, only when you sweat. It also smells right when you apply it, but dont worry once it drys no one knows you have it on. It works wonders, I promise. Just give it a try and let me know what happens. You may also want to dilute it the first couple of times you try using it, add a little bit of water to a cotton ball then add the ACV to the cotton ball. Be sure to tap your face with the cotton ball, don't rub it. I'm making a detailed thread later on my process and how it's proven that this method works! Hope this helps, read the article i linked!

Here is my routine.

1.) Shower apply facial bar smoothly and gently while in the shower, wash off.

2.) Dry off, apply AVC with a cotton ball. Tap the cotton ball on your face, don't rub. Apply for about a minute or two. (Will burn at first until you get used to it. Will cause some redness the first day.)

3.) NOT FOR DAYTIME USE (Apply the 10% Benzoyl peroxide from the tub. Only do this at night. You don't need to do it more than once a day. It can dry out skin when you use this, but it helps fight. So only apply this at night when you go to bed.)

4.) If you have some problems with dry skin, I recommend Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. Anything Aveeno is good stuff. Don't buy any other lotion, a lot of them cause more acne, this doesn't. It's organic and has Oatmeal in it. It works wonders. Only apply a little of this over your dry flacking areas of the skin.

Hope this helps, here's a link to an article explaining more about ACV I hope it shows up, sometimes this forum wont let me link websites..

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

Edited by Wynne

Mine was exactly like yours in the sense that it was on my chin as well but imagine it to be a lot redder and about 7-10 small whiteheads.

However, my derm managed to give me something that clear it within 3 days, my chin then went dark instead of red and after 2 weeks now, my chin has no whiteheads, back to being smooth and healing very well as it goes back to my normal skin colour.

The medication am on is precription only except cetraben so don't know if you can get them or want to be on them.

4 things i use - Tetracycline, Zineryt, Differin, Cetraben.

- AM Morning to end of work - Tetracycline and Cetraben as Zineryt and Differin drys my skin at first

- PM to when i go to sleep - Differin

- Over night while sleeping - Zineryt

As it got better and differin and zineryt did not dry my skin anymore, i started using differin in the morning which was fine.

Edited by tt2k