Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i used emu oil acouple nights instead of a moisturizer.. and it is amazing

redness was gone... acne is goin away (its only my 1st week on the reg... it could be goin away because of that too... or the emu)

but it definitally reduced redness... and i could use alot more bp

i recomend it

I also highly recommend emu oil, but I don't think people should expect it to get rid of their acne alone. If combined with a product such as BP, tea tree oil or manuka oil it can make that product even more effective due to it's penetrative properties. Emu oil is a CARRIER OIL and when applied to the skin after another product such as BP, it helps to carry the antibacterial properties of BP deeper into the skin, and thereby deeper into the spots themselves.

As well as this, it is an excellent moisturiser, and it is highly unlikely that it will clog pores.

You can get it relatively cheaply on ebay. Look for 100% pure oil. But be warned - it doesn't smell all that nice! wink.gif

HI everybody, I could not help it and decided to drop few words too. Emu oil is a wonderful product!!! :clap: I use it myself and for my baby's delicate skin (instead of mineral oil). Did you know that its oral administration is great for immune system and it cures ulcers in a snap. As far as acne, I used a great product that has 20% (a something like that) emu oil - NUCream acne cream (with sulfur, TTO, salicylic acid) (www.nucream.com) worked great on my acne, and what is interesting I heard that it works just as good on rosacea too. Try and see biggrin.gif

Wow. You guys have convinced me. I'm looking for a really intensive night time moisturiser and something that will help my red marks heal at night. I think I'm going to buy some emu oil and use that at night and my Neutrogena during the day.

Hi!Im in my week 6 and i must say it was a trying time..my face clears up within a week but i had quite a major breakout in week 4!(due to pms!!arrgghh) its clearing up well..n now..most of my active pimples r almost gone..except for a zit or two..tiny ones.Now im left wif red scars on my cheeks..its really shallow but its visible..esp wen under bright lights!! iv read abt Emu Oil & Tot of trying it out 2..how do i figure it in my regimen?

Morning & Nite routine

Cleanse face wif neutrogena extra gentle cleanser

thin layer of bp on face -using neutrogena acne on the spot

moisturise wif neutrogena oil free moisturiser spf 15

twice a week(at nite) i exfoliate my face with honey&cinnamon mix(2 get rid of all those peels n rough patches due to bp-it leaves my face feeling very smooth n refreshed!)

just use it instead of your mousturizer at night.. at to be honest if u do have a breakout with emu u can use 3x as much BP without redness... so you can clear it up in days (even overnight)

May I know what is emu oils? What is so different compare to moisturizer? Can Somebody recommend me a product, So I can go farmacy to look for it.

I have using

1.)Cetaphil Cleanser Bar

2.)Stiefel Panoxyl Acnegel 2.5

3.)Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer.

I have use the above method for 1 month. It looks better but still feeling burning and redness.

What Can I Do Now!!!???

Please Help Me!!!

search online for it.. only certin stores actually carry it in shelves.. it will be a little expensive but if u ask me its worth it

at night i use 10% bp... no redness not ichy.. just gets rid of my pimples alot alot faster

emu oil because of it's high content of omega 3 6 and 9 fatty acids is an excellent moisturizer but could block most peoples pores because it is so heavy. it's better used to diminish scarring and maybe the red marks we all complain about by putting it on the spots only. if anyone has burns or major scarring from surgery defintely use emu oil. but overall a great product.

Actually, despite the fact that emu oil feels 'heavy' (ie: greasy) on your skin, it is actually highly unlikely to clog pores. It has an extremely fine molecular structure, which means it will not 'sit' on your skin, in the same way that vitamin E oil does, for instance. Instead, it will penetrate deep into the skin and your skin should feel much less greasy within minutes. (Emu oil is trans-dermal within 90 seconds)

I would also be wary of saying emu oil can help with scarring. If you have scars, emu oil is unlikely to help a great deal, particularly if they are old scars, as it does not activate collagen production in the same way that other topicals such as copper peptides or amino plex spray supposedly do, for example. However, where emu oil does help is with reducing redness and tenderness of new scars, and with alleviating the 'tightness' often found with old scars. It can also speed up the healing process when combined with a scar procedure such as needling or smoothbeam.

Here's some info about emu oil's consistency:

Skin researchers at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston reported that Emu Oil at up to 100 % concentration in lotions to be nonallergenic, non-comedogenic, have low irritation potential, and are bacteriostatic.

(source:www.skinbiology.com)

Here are some more links that you may find interesting:

http://www.chemfinder.uklinux.net/emuoilsh...l_official.html

http://www.skinbio.com/moisturizers.html

i think that's what i said...burns and scarring from surgery. thanks. <_<

and i know this from seeing people with these problems use emu oil over the past 8 yrs.

with incredible success. i like the research you dug up. smile.gif

Hi topher, I wasn't trying to undermine what you were saying!!! I just think sometimes people get overexcited if you say a product can diminish scarring without clarifying what effects it is likely to have; but I agree with what you said - it can definitely help fade red marks in my experience of using it, and has improved the healing of some of my recent scars.

How have you seen people use emu oil over the last 8 years? Are you in the medical profession? if so, have you seen good results from any other topical products?

i've been in nutrition and natural supplementation for 8 yrs now. it's just that i've noticed people with recent burns and scarring, especially those who keloid, seem to benefit greatly from emu oil. apple cider vinegar for red marks also seems to work well for some red spots due to acne.

but as you know with acne all of us have extremely different feelings about what works for us. that's what makes this board so helpful. there's always another regime, product, diet, etc. to try. so i'm just saying what i've seen...that's all. in no way am i an expert on skin related problems...i've still got my own. wink.gif

success is sometimes a result of trial and error...don't we all know it. :angry:

Ya, I'd have to agree, emu oil is very good, the skin is alot less irritated when using it and it always feels super soft the next day after using it for a night moisturizer. And I think because of the penetration factor, it finally got rid of these bumps I had that had no head and were just sticking around for a while.

Gee, thanks guys! I hadn´t had alot of info on emu oil until I saw this thread, which helped me so much. I went on ebay and bought an 8oz, that´s big enough, right?

My cetaphil moisturizer is just about done, and I was going to get Eucerin Renewal (been on the reg 5 weeks now). But, I´m going to try emu out: I still break out a tiny tiny bit on my cheeks, but since I read that emu will let bp go deeper in my skin, it might zap those buggers already. <_<

You bought an 8 Oz, Roro?! That's HUGE!!! I usually get 1 - 2 oz bottles, as I have heard emu oil can lose some of its properties if stored for a long time. I'm not too sure about this though. I'll try and find you some info...

You bought an 8 Oz, Roro?! That's HUGE!!! I usually get 1 - 2 oz bottles, as I have heard emu oil can lose some of its properties if stored for a long time. I'm not too sure about this though. I'll try and find you some info...

Glad I could help!

And if anything getting a bigger bottle gives you an excuse to use more of it! I've never used it for its other properties, for instance, such as soothing muscle aches and other pains etc...

smile.gif

i just got a bottle of emu oil laugh.gif

i really hope that it will help clearing up my ugly skin

but i was wondering, what's the difference between emu oil and vitamin e oil?

don't they both moistorize?