Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone! first thanks for looking at this post!!

now here's the thing:

im now using the acne line of avene (cleanser, diacneal and anti-shine night cream) for the first week and it's pretty good! im so excited about it! x) but i wonder if any of you watch a pretty famous youtube guru called blair. she has oily skin and she said after using the clinique three steps which she has the third type skin, her breakout reduce to none now and got clear skin back totally! i just wonder if i should do the same coz in my hometown clinique is cheaper than avene. and if they can both work wonder, i would instead choose clinique.

but i read many posts from here saying clinique contains salicylic acid (SA) and alcohol and some people can be sensitive to SA and cause breakout. in fact last summer i have serious breakout that has never happened before, but i dont know whether the fact that i used SA mask twice a week or i was seriously depressed at that time casued me to have that huge breakout.

so if anyone who have used the clinique 3 steps, could you give me some little advice or opinion about this brand and their products? thank you so so much! anything u say is a true gift to me! x)

PS how could you test if u are allergic to salicylic acid? like patch test?

Edited by cheerfulgal

I don't want to be responsible for you not finding something that works for you as I believe everyone should try something once but I hated the clinque three step ... found it to be a waste of money as it did not make any differnce even after persisiting with it for 2 months. x

I honestly HATED Clinique's 3 step system. For one thing, it is super expensive. And another thing, the products were all way too harsh on my skin, and my skin isn't that sensitive. You can buy other over the counter products that are just as effective and not as harsh for a much cheaper price. Honestly, I think you are just paying for the name. Ant the third thing, the produts made my face break out HORRIBLY and I only used them for a few days, I know for sure it was less than a week. Needless to say, I returned all of them. Some people's skin will breakout (purging?) as the products draw out all of the crap. But, this shouldn't have been a problem for me. I go to a dermatologist every few weeks and have TCA treatments done, that draw out the extra oils and junk. So, my face purged a long time ago! :razz: lol I definitely will never buy those products again! But, some products work for some and not for others.

I found the same as the above posters. The first and third steps are the same as the regimen - a cleanser and moisturiser. The treatment is alcohol based and dried out my skin a lot more than 5% BP.

So, go for the cheaper and better option of a decent gentle cleanser, an exfoliator that works for your skin and a good moisturizer.

The Clinique spot treatment is very good though, pity it's ridiculously expensive.

Hi..i actually just made a post on the Clinique 3 step..i personally think its great...i have had no problems with it...i am 38 years old and suffered from acne for the last 2 years...i have tried pro-active...prescribed anitbiotics...and other OTC's...when i first started Clinique my skin was red and oily...i have been on the program for 4weeks now...after i do the 3 steps (following the regime)..i also slowly increased the amount of BP..i wait about 15 mins and use a very thin layer of metrocream .75%...this has shown awesome results for me...that is noticeable..so much so..that i get remarks from people saying my skin looks much healthier...and is clearing up..I can see the results as well...so..the Clinique 3 step is about 45.00 canadian...and the metrocream i came upon by accident..it was prescribed to my son for a rash...and on the package it said it was an anti-rosecia cream...so i thought i would try it...it works for me!!!....soo..yea..i like it...

I don't use the entire three steps. I just use the Mild Cleanser and a sample of the 7-Day Scrub Cream, and the Superdefense. I find that it works well for me.

The Mild Cleanser doesn't dry out my skin, makes it squeaky clean, and I think it's contributing to the fact that I'm producing a lot less oil on my forehead and my pimples are healing more quickly. Nothing else I've used has made me produce less oil. The 7-Day Scrub is a nice exfoliator, mild but getting the job done. The Superdefense is great--it works, it doesn't leave my face greasy, and it's so easy to put on. It's a great moisturizer too.

I hear that some others don't like the three-step system, and it's really up to the individual. I find certain bits of it working well for me, and I always try to go the mildest cleanser possible. Maybe others didn't start off with the mildest?

Anyway, one last thing: I bought a huuuuge bottle of the Mild Cleanser for $20. Sure it's expensive, but it's the size of a full-sized frickin' water bottle (maybe bigger), which is way more than what the drugstores give you.